• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Bet on it... I’ll be in Maine sledding..so this will happen for SNE.  Law of averages say at least one big one is likely.  

Lol at DIT trying to steal some of the joy with the furnace comments..when deep down inside he can barely contain his excitement on the overnight runs. While his March 2012 calls and no more snow is crashing and burning.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

If it happens it melts the second it stops falling. Perfect example of a stat padded Morch snow. Textbook example should it happen 

All snow is good snow...and in a winter as bad as this has been...this would take the sting out in a big way for us.  You know this to be true..and you’ll be as excited as the rest.

Ill miss it, but I still hope it happens for us. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Like I said.. great if it happens. But it’s a stat padder and terribly bittersweet 

How would a big March storm be a stat padder?  It’s just odd that your climo favored time for large snowstorms is the time you refer to as stat padder time.

Just now, powderfreak said:

How would a big March storm be a stat padder?  It’s just odd that your climo favored time for large snowstorms is the time you refer to as stat padder time.

The hilarious part about it is that I’ve had snowpack for huge chunks of March on these so-called “stat padder” storms. I think it took until April to melt off the March 2017 snows...ditto 2018. Ditto 2013. Last year didnt last all month but we had deep pack for a solid 10-12 days after the 3/4 storm until a torching cutter got us around the 15th or 16th. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Because they don’t last . It starts melting immediately. Why is that so hard for people to understand? It snows, and 2 days later it looks like it’ll be 60. It’s great if it snows. I’ll love it. But it’s nothing more than adding totals to the season. A terrible season. It’s bittersweet. That’s just how I look at it 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kevin is the only one who would choose 4” of snow in December that stays vs 24” of snow in March where it’s 40 the next day. That’s frankly dumb. 

No one is getting 24” of snow. Christ you’re talking about boat loads of rain and calling me dumb? That’s dumb and you’re dumb 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one is getting 24” of snow. Christ you’re talking about boat loads of rain and calling me dumb? That’s dumb and you’re dumb 

I have no idea what you mean? That’s honestly your M.O. though. You like piddly events that stick around vs a big dog that may melt. Nobody is calling for 2’.

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see a 960 low east of the Cape, 6hr QPF increments of near 1" QPF and wind gusts near hurricane force on the coast. Not impressive enough? I understand it depends where you live..but how does anyone see that and not say whoa?

I'm not sure what you are missing. Its a very impressive system that doesn't produce impressive snowfall for our area on the 00z euro. Its like 3-6" of slop.