• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

OH, this GFS run is clearly heading toward amplitude and considerations west ...absolutely.

Remember, we are in trend modes - these are not etched in stone solutions. You have to reel that cinema in mind's eye and realize where you've been, where we are now, for projecting the future.

Adding in the model's native bias, clearly it's speed/progressive stretching tendency is pulling the s/stream and ripping it out faster than the subsuming n/stream can capture - and that could easily be a correction that is in process of unfolding.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

OH, this GFS run is clearly heading toward amplitude and considerations west ...absolutely.

Remember, we are in trend modes - these are not etched in stone solutions. You have to reel that cinema in mind's eye and realize where you've been, where we are now, for projecting the future.

Adding in the model's native bias, clearly it's speed/progressive stretching tendency is pulling the s/stream and ripping it out faster than the subsuming n/stream can capture - and that could easily be a correction that is in process of unfolding.

We've been in trend modes for 3 months lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We've been in trend modes for 3 months lol

Tru ...

Hey I’m still cautiously optimistic – and the way this winter has gone? I think I’ll be fully on board when I’m standing knee-deep in snow two days later

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tru ...

Hey I’m still cautiously optimistic – and the way this winter has gone? I think I’ll be fully on board when I’m standing knee-deep in snow two days later

Hey, I have always been on the "it ain't over" train. Just couldn't pass up a pun perfectly engineered to suite the trials of this season. 

Seasons that deliver a KU event in December do not go quietly into the night...we aren't getting let out. We are going to miss my second window of 2-17 to 3-2, but it may not be by much-

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Might be where we want it right now? No way it verifies in that exact location, 5.5 days out. Tug that thing west another 200 miles and we are golden back here...

I doubt it. This is an ots or east special. We would have to keep slowing down the southern stream, which is correctable, but not so much so in a progressive flow...I favor a late bloomer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spanks45 said:

Might be where we want it right now? No way it verifies in that exact location, 5.5 days out. Tug that thing west another 200 miles and we are golden back here...

I don't think we are going to see that.

This late-blooming, Miller B subsumes do not usually trends towards faster development, and if they do, its an artifice of modeling.

My money is on an E NE focus.

• Sad 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I doubt it. This is an ots or east special. We would have to keep slowing down the southern stream, which is correctable, but not so much so in a progressive flow...I favor a late bloomer. 

This is a New England special. What else can go wrong for the coastal  weenies ?