Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nothing we can do. Miller B’s just aren’t our thing. Once in a while the N stream drops in earlier like Feb 13 but usually its a Jan 05 or Jan 15 type of evolution. 

There’s actually some similarities with Feb 2013 where the northern stream insert is trying to catch that southern wave lingering in the SE US. The problem right now for further west areas is it’s not capturing it quite as soon as Feb ‘13. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nothing we can do. Miller B’s just aren’t our thing. Once in a while the N stream drops in earlier like Feb 13 but usually its a Jan 05 or Jan 15 type of evolution. 

It’s very early to really commit. It wouldn’t take much for that to hug much tighter. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s very early to really commit. It wouldn’t take much for that to hug much tighter. 

It wouldn’t and I agree it’s early to make such assumptions. I’m simply hedging given the flow. If we had a traffic jam in the maritimes, different story. This one seems very timing dependent, which can go either direction...I suppose that’s your point. Gotchya.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s actually some similarities with Feb 2013 where the northern stream insert is trying to catch that southern wave lingering in the SE US. The problem right now for further west areas is it’s not capturing it quite as soon as Feb ‘13. 

Yea. And I don’t mean to throw out historic KU’s as analogs here either. This has a long ways to go for that but...can’t deny the potent signal either. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not impossible this ends up a PF special. Keep that in back pocket in case 

This season has had a bunch of those, even a handul of rain to Mainers which models had shown CT the actually getting snow 5-8 days out. In other words, give it 3 days from now...

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It wouldn’t and I agree it’s early to make such assumptions. I’m simply hedging given the flow. If we had a traffic jam in the maritimes, different story. This one seems very timing dependent, which can go either direction...I suppose that’s your point. Gotchya.

I’ve seen these things come in much closer given the origin from the south. I know the flow perhaps isn’t too prone to buckling,  but never underestimate those srn origins. Just something to keep in mind.

• Thanks 1

What an awesome day out on the trails yesterday, 198 miles, No shortage of snow in the Eustis - Jackman corridor, They were in the 10-14" range last Thursdays storm and it snowed friday and most of yesterday with those plumes coming off Lake Ontario, They had another 3" of feathers.

image.png.355379f41b8a75ae010229835f74f2c0.png

image.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Put March 2012 in your back pocket...and keep it there.

Just prep yourself that rain is a possibility and should that happen you’re not so upset .. or.. just ignore the persistence of this season and NW favorable setups that ended up as rain, and forecast jackpots in Methuen , MA

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In any case it’s day 6 and we probably are talking about things we would laugh at a few years ago. Many are just wanting a good storm including myself. Still plenty that could happen given how complicated the setup is. 

Gefs loading up that -epo/-nao pattern after the 15th. A similar look on the eps. We sell? 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wouldn't surprise me, but I'm done tying force neg NAO down people's throats.

Eventually the top has to burst on this Pv. Which would probably lead to a period of blocking. Now is that in March or April who knows...lol

OTS is a much bigger threat than a stemwinder going up through SNE. This pattern is progressive...the key is we could get a temporary stall or slowdown of the system if the southern stream is captured by closing off northern stream H5 south of LI. 

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

OTS is a much bigger threat than a stemwinder going up through SNE. This pattern is progressive...the key is we could get a temporary stall or slowdown of the system if the southern stream is captured by closing off northern stream H5 south of LI. 

Yea, I'm not that worried about a rain event, but it is plausible, I guess.