Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Almost seems to be getting worse from southwest to northeast, along the main axis of snowfall.  So not only is it shifting southeast, it's weakening from southwest to northeast.  By this time tomorrow we might be looking at a 1-3"er from Indy to Cleveland lol.

Looks to be due to our main northern wave digging more southward into the Plains, and in turn phasing later with the 2nd wave diving SE into the Lakes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Almost seems to be getting worse from southwest to northeast, along the main axis of snowfall.  So not only is it shifting southeast, it's weakening from southwest to northeast.  By this time tomorrow we might be looking at a 1-3"er from Indy to Cleveland lol.

Banding potential still looks decent with this imo, so I think that is going to help bail out some areas and the mesoscale models may have a better handle in that regard.     

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

My first call is 4" for Toronto.

At least, at this point, it looks like we'll get something wintry.  I'd say the range is 2-4" if we transition to rain/PL for an extended period to ~10" of cement if we can stay all snow and avoiding any major slotting issues.  Reality will likely be somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Wow, either everyone's drinking their sorrows away, or they're wondering if the they will wake up from this nightmare, LOL.  

SE Michigan and NW Ohio will probably be joining you all tomorrow as we watch this thing fade away into CLE.....

Holding my breath at this point. 

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

At least, at this point, it looks like we'll get something wintry.  I'd say the range is 2-4" if we transition to rain/PL for an extended period to ~10" of cement if we can stay all snow and avoiding any major slotting issues.  Reality will likely be somewhere in the middle.

I'd say closer to 4" near the Lake and more north of 401. We're riding the thin line again but a majority of the precip comes in late Wed and that gives us ample time to cool the thermals. 

Going with 4-6" for now.

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

If the original northern wave can stop trending slower/south, the 2nd northern wave diving into the Lakes has been trending further south...Could give DET crew hope of goods still.

Sucks to see Chicago get shafted again and again. Just brutal.

Models have been awful this year even within 36-48 hrs. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

If the original northern wave can stop trending slower/south, the 2nd northern wave diving into the Lakes has been trending further south...Could give DET crew hope of goods still. 

Exactly.. Looked like it was trending slightly slower south before hr 30.   hr 33 doesn't look too hot. or 36. Frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Noticed this as well, which is why the snow swath is becoming more sw-ne oriented run to run. Just need to stop shifting the swath eastward.

21 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

This trend is really putting Toronto crew in the game for goods too.