Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers
mackerel_sky

2/8/2020 Snow Event

Just now, cigrgd said:

Always good to see an overperformer in the upstate. Can't remember the last time that happened! Maybe it'll actually snow in Anderson, which seems to be about the last place in South Carolina to ever get snow.

Columbia says hello :lol:

13 minutes ago, NEGa said:

That is great!  Hopefully y’all get into the action too

thanks...finally coming down good now. Been a while since i saw a good snow rate during the day here.

Friend in gainesville looks like she has close to 3 inches on her back deck as of a few minutes ago...she might  push 5?

Just now, Lookout said:

thanks...finally coming down good now. Been a while since i saw a good snow rate during the day here.

Friend in gainesville looks like she has close to 3 inches on her back deck as of a few minutes ago...she might  push 5?

The obs from Gainesville have been impressive.

(South Forsyth county, just south of Stony Point airfield)

There's about 2" now on top of the deck railings, furniture and tree limbs.  The lawn is starting to become smooth-white instead of patchy-white bumps where it stuck to the grass and melted on the ground.   Still coming down, although not as intensely as an hour ago.

• Like 1

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

What’s CJ showing, sleeves should be rolled up!!!

That thin line you’re seeing on radar from Laurens to Union to Charlotte is a sign that the radar is about to go bonkers. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Glad to see the southerners are cashing in. We're only sitting at 3.0" here for the season.. normal is 25".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Hopefully your temp drops enough so it starts sticking! This one really blew up on in a day or so lol

Just measured 3.25” and counting in Dahlonega. 

Flakes have gone smaller in the past few minutes but setting up for that last band and bigger dimes and quarters are returning! 

• Like 2

Got 2 and a half inches here in Flowery Branch and still snowing hard. If this stays all snow until 2, we could see close to 5 inches. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Just starting here, or somebody’s fire ash just flew buy?

Sorry about that. I’ve got a stack of wood I wasn’t able to burn during the mid 70 stretch. No snow here yet. Raging virga storm overhead 

2” and counting so far in N Gainesville GA. Been ripping nonstop for over 2 hours now. Temp has been bouncing between 31-32. Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen forsure. Looks like plenty more to go. Will take pics when it’s looking close to winding down. 

3 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Hopefully your temp drops enough so it starts sticking! This one really blew up on in a day or so lol

Yep, its' amazing how our best snows or some of them usually pop up with only a day or two notice. also,  this is all despite less than ideal indexes that everyone constantly obsesses over too.  

It's ripping it right now... already a dusting. i can see why it quickly piled up to the north. Wish it started sooner but at least it's pouring.