• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

46 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A friend from here got 7.5" in Midland Texas. He's a Met over there, a regular poster on here. He said banding resulted in higher totals over his house. 

I could have explained this further. Euro (at least one run that an unnamed Met posted with GFS) had a solid stripe of about 6-12" (looked like banding) pretty much in line with GFS placement. Implication was go with Euro, usually a good call.  GFS was much more anemic.  I looked at CoCoRAHS and totals looked to be about 3-5" in that area. The post was a Euro/GFS comparison for the system. I'm sure Euro had better H500 Z scores but from a sensible wx standpoint...  I only mention it as even the Euro blows it once in a while.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

3k not so pretty

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-06T091726.637.png

Is this additional on top of what we got Wednesday night into Thursday? Or is this total from Wednesday night into Saturday? Basically are we getting anymore snow Thursday into Saturday lol. Sorry in advance for my stupidity.

2 hours ago, 96blizz said:

So I have two choices. 

1). Don’t drink at my client dinner event in NJ tonight and drive home from roughly 9-1AM after a 5 hour energy (keep in mind I get up to workout at 4:30 and did so this AM)

2). Grab a few hours of sleep and set the alarm to drive home to Skaneateles between say 3-7AM. 

what say ye my fellow trusted weather brethren?

I’d be tempted to try the 9 run... tho I think you mentioned rt 41 and that wouldn’t be my road of choice in the dark and a snow storm