Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
PaulyFromPlattsburgh

Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Rgem is crap at lake enhancing 

Very interesting if that's true...because it seems to be one of the best at the Lake Effect aspect.

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m in Lake Placid. It’s all synoptic for this guy. 

We'll let you know how the sleet pellets feel down here. Just in case you forget...

Um, so at 18Z the GFS had the Low down in WV. Now, it has it in North-Central PA!

Then it goes to Harrisburg...and then I'm assuming the new low is in Southern Vermont?

lol

High quality tech?

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Um, so at 18Z the GFS had the Low down in WV. Now, it has it in North-Central PA!

Then it goes to Harrisburg...and then I'm assuming the new low is in Southern Vermont?

lol

High quality tech?

0Z cut way back on snowfall on Friday over all of N.Y.  WTF. It has next to nothing over CNY.

Almost like a hybrid Miller AB... Primary xfers from N Central PA, to the coast. Weird. Doesn't look right to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

0Z cut way back on snowfall on Friday over all of N.Y.  WTF. It has next to nothing over CNY.

0Z GooFuS seems to be having issues with slp placement between hrs 30 and 36. Doesn't look right.

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

The models are like catty school girls. One moment they're BFFs and agree on everything...then it's like they get pissed at each other and stomp off and do their own things. All. over. the. place.

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The models are like catty school girls. One moment they're BFFs and agree on everything...then it's like they get pissed at each other and stomp off and do their own things. All. over. the. place.

Eww, Seriously, So gross. 

https://youtu.be/nzkhXMd1d3U

• Haha 1

BGM cut back on the snow totals a bit already for the watch. Went from 4 to 8 down to 4 to 7 with "heavy mixed precip" mentioned. Not a huge difference, but looks like they're going with the runs showing more mild/mixed precip. They seem to be playing it very conservative. Probably a smart move, even though the Big Snowstorm Me doesn't like this change.

You know, there was a lot of excitement over 18Z runs. I'd rather see the 00Z runs, as far as the global models go for Friday.

Just now, Syrmax said:

Snowing aloft around CNY now, shouldnt take too long to get some ground truth.

Going to bed soon. Hoping to wake up to a surprise over-achiever. I feel like this may have a possibility overnight. 

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

BGM cut back on the snow totals a bit already for the watch. Went from 4 to 8 down to 4 to 7 with "heavy mixed precip" mentioned. Not a huge difference, but looks like they're going with the runs showing more mild/mixed precip. They seem to be playing it very conservative. Probably a smart move, even though the Big Snowstorm Me doesn't like this change.

That sounds pretty close to Channel 9’s forecast of 1-3 tonight and 4-8 on Friday.