Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You know ..it's interesting, because this tendency to correct NW turning the page from mid range into short terms seems to be failing on this cycle ...which could arguably have zygote heredity in those 18z peripheral model types from late yesterday.   

We'll see...  We're almost at a proper 'put up or shut up' scorched Earth mode tho - one of these suckers needs to work out... This is just taking mid-range verification to the wood shed this year.  wow. 

It still could correct a tad, and I'm not holding out much hope here, but it would be nice if more of the board other than the picnic tables in nr VT to Moose dropping, Maine...could get in on some action.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

The trough looks to be a little more east as well as it seems were getting a cold push SE out of Canada.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn't see this mentioned, apologies if someone did, but the piece of the TPV (tropospheric polar vortex) is definitely pressing more into the area north of the Great Lakes. It appears that is helping to ever so flatten the flow a bit and force the second wave a tad SE.

Ah huh.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw cold push, but not sure what you meant. I was looking more beyond the surface.

Just simplified it, Seeing we use push and pull....lol,  I was looking at H5 and you can see the last few runs that the PV over the GL is pressing further ESE and forcing these more east solutions a few tics at a time on both thurs and fri, Really the trends you want to see but we've been kicked in the tea bag so many times so far this winter, Don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves here.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You know ..it's interesting, because this tendency to correct NW turning the page from mid range into short terms seems to be failing on this cycle ...which could arguably have zygote heredity in those 18z peripheral model types from late yesterday.   

We'll see...  We're almost at a proper 'put up or shut up' scorched Earth mode tho - one of these suckers needs to work out... This is just taking mid-range verification to the wood shed this year.  wow. 

There was no NW correction on Saturdays snows.....I mean whiff.

• Weenie 1