Total Members
    Most Online
    TruthSeeker2020
    Newest Member
    TruthSeeker2020

January 25-26 Threat

23 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

0.39" and rain is just about over.

Pouring here now but this stuff looks to lift through pretty rapidly.  Should hit 0.50" which will be within NWS BOX forecast call albeit on the low side.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

0.87” now. That was some heavy rain

Congrats, you generally do jackpot in winter events!  Lol

looks like .45” in my rain gauge. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Congrats, you generally do jackpot in winter events!  Lol

looks like .45” in my rain gauge. 

Up to 0.94” now.   That’s 0.07” in 8 minutes.   Nice rates.  Snow growth is lousy though. Lol

• Haha 2

Started as some sleety rain in Williston and the car thermo topped out at 37F in Jonesville on the way home. Light sleet from Waterbury until just before Exit 6 on 89, which is about 1400’-1450’ in elevation. Here at home (1250’)  it was a messy mix last time I looked out. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Back over to moderate snow svt. Ended up being a much more frozen event then expected here. I wonder if it has to do with the strong lift and greens 

Any accumulation? Just a slight coating of sleet here at 2,230' so there was some frozen mixed in with the rain. Route 100 was a little greasy above 1700 or 1800'. Doesn't look like we lost much if any snow depth. 

Dumping snow and sleet in the valley at Gorham, NH.  Camped out in the walmart parking lot, will be interesting to see what happens in the mountains.  Backside upslope in NVT through Monday looks good.  

• Like 1

Huge aggregates at home, a coating of wet snow way down here in the valley at only 750ft...  Feels like a Pacific NW style storm.  Too bad we didn’t have more QPF.

No rain at the ski area... just wet snow.  A quick 2" this evening at elevation.

Net gain in the mountains AMOUT.

IMG_5576.jpg.8f9e0f39b5810c0bbc0fb520959fd9bb.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Up to 0.94” now.   That’s 0.07” in 8 minutes.   Nice rates.  Snow growth is lousy though. Lol

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

0.74” and 39f. Awesome - :axe:

Watching radar earlier E Franklin Co and W ORH Co were definitely getting some heavy radar returns. 

Incredible dynamics tonight. Mostly sleetfest. Started briefly as light snow, over to sleet for a while, then over to rain/catpaw mix. Finished with a light accum. of giant catpaws. Didn'tt expect that. Lots of wind. Just enough frozen fell to prevent any runoff. Surprisingly a net gainer. 

• Like 1

0.8 my last measurement before bed. Back to mostly heavy snow here with temperature going back down a bit. From looking at the radar it looks like this is the heaviest stuff so I don't think we'll see much damage - maybe even a net gain

• Like 1