Most Online
    Wxman3441
    Newest Member
    Wxman3441
dryslot

New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like area just west of HFD AOA 500’ is in trouble 

I agree but depending on how this plays out, that area from Gardner to Chelmsford up to Nashua could get into some good icing.   The icing zone is the wild card that can easily get shoved 50 miles north or south . 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

At least they don't have huge branches.  Trust me, I am not thrilled with this storm, hoping for some really good dynamics wrt to lift and we stay mostly sleet. 

You can rake pine needles year after year on them and never get to the bottom, My blueberry pants love the acid they produce though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

You can rake pine needles year after year on them and never get to the bottom, My blueberry pants love the acid they produce though.

They actually form strong, interlocking root mats so if you have a bunch of white pines the bigger worry is split trunks breaking and falling as opposed to whole trees going over.  

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:o 

Even lopping off a significant amount due to inefficient accretion would yield a sig event...

everything looks good, hopefully those ice totals keep ramping up

• Haha 1

ice storm is coming for all north west i 84 in ct  including the hartford area . sun through mon night .  models under estimate the cold air many times.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Small lies to big lies, false accusations of emotions, false interpretations of posts, attempts at making up things I never said or implied, all to achieve your agenda. Tried and true method of your posting to many many members here. Accuse them of stalking you. You want to play the game we can play. It's like feeding candy to a baby 

I’ve had(and many others as well) this same issue with him...but when I said/called him out for this exact thing..you guys said I was Obsessed and I was the problem??? Lol.    

Now I back off, and now you feel the same way.    

Hmm??  

• Thanks 2

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
401 AM EST Sun Dec 29 2019

MAZ002-008-009-291715-
/O.UPG.KBOX.WS.A.0007.191229T2300Z-191231T1200Z/
/O.NEW.KBOX.IS.W.0001.191229T2300Z-191231T1200Z/
Western Franklin MA-Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-
Including the cities of Charlemont, Chesterfield, and Blandford
401 AM EST Sun Dec 29 2019

...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Significant icing expected. Total snow accumulations of
  up to two inches and ice accumulations of four tenths to three
  quarters of an inch.

* WHERE...Western Franklin MA, Western Hampshire MA and Western
  Hampden MA Counties including the cities of Charlemont,
  Chesterfield and Blandford

* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 7 AM EST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Expect power outages and tree damage due to the ice.
  Travel could be impossible. The hazardous conditions could
  impact the morning or evening commute.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gene was asking and Hippy

IMG_20191229_064121.jpg

IMG_20191229_064316.jpg

Lots of days and pages of posts leading to this event.  Based on this map it looks like it will end up being a ho-hum scenic level 0-1 for most of us, 2 for some, and pretty memorable for a few not too far from Tolland.  Tolland, MA, that is.  :)

image.thumb.png.43c470ce454a6f6c543334db0775df5e.png

A bit surprised to have a winter storm warning up here given the projection is for 5 to 8 inches over like two days. And not that much ice up here. Not sure why that would warrant a warning.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Like with every storm this season, still not clear cut. I like what the NWS did. Highlights the areas best for siggy impacts. 

Tough call in Dendrite Jeffafa land sleet versus snow. Someone right at the edge gets slammed though 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Like with every storm this season, still not clear cut. I like what the NWS did. Highlights the areas best for siggy impacts. 

I think icing might over perform S ORH county to NW RI, or it is ping fest will have to watch to see how it plays out

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tough call in Dendrite Jeffafa land sleet versus snow. Someone right at the edge gets slammed though 

Well since Jeff is close to setting his sled on fire, hopefully it’s snow. 

Not really sure this is a big deal inside 128 and along coast. Seems like cold push is a bit less on overnight guidance. They’ll be sleet, but temps may be above freezing. 

Last 2 Euro runs, 0z and now 06z are warning events here and back towards Brian's area, Watches are up for tomorrow night into NYE.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Last 2 Euro runs, 0z and now 06z are warning events here and back towards Brian's area, Watches are up for tomorrow night into NYE.

There of been a couple of euro runs showing more than a foot of snow here recently but NWS doesn’t seem to be buying that.  

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

There of been a couple of euro runs showing more than a foot of snow here recently but NWS doesn’t seem to be buying that.  

Looks like your close to it according to GYX although not quite sure where you are.

StormTotalSnowWeb1_NH.png