• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Panic Room

NorEastermass128

Warmest low temperature back to the 1800s for Boston in January is 55F in 1950.

Here's hoping you break the record. 1932 and 1906, two good precipitation matches locally, are up there in second/third place.

Weather Channel has a low of 59F on Saturday. That's like late June/early July level lows out here.

18 hours ago, raindancewx said:

Warmest low temperature back to the 1800s for Boston in January is 55F in 1950.

Here's hoping you break the record. 1932 and 1906, two good precipitation matches locally, are up there in second/third place.

Weather Channel has a low of 59F on Saturday. That's like late June/early July level lows out here.

Won’t happen. They’ll be easily under 55° by midnight tomorrow.

Yeah I know. The better shot was today - it was about 50 at 11 pm EST when I looked yesterday. The +30 departures today in the NE are worth ~+0.3 for the entire winter though, which is impressive for one day. You guys have had it easy anyway, Philadelphia is approaching a bottom ten snow total through mid-January at this point. Still only 0.1" officially.

Looks to me, for the 1872-2020 era of Boston records, the 73F achieved today is the all-time warmest it has ever been in Boston during January. Congratulations on your nicest winter day of all time.

You've got 10 hours to get the low below 55F - the all-time warmest January low in Boston - that's pretty likely but it may be closer than it looked initially.

17 hours ago, raindancewx said:

Looks to me, for the 1872-2020 era of Boston records, the 73F achieved today is the all-time warmest it has ever been in Boston during January. Congratulations on your nicest winter day of all time.

You've got 10 hours to get the low below 55F - the all-time warmest January low in Boston - that's pretty likely but it may be closer than it looked initially.

74 for the high (**) but the front ruined the low.  It got below 55 soon after dark.

38 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

like my 1 inch of sleet/snow will be doing on Saturday night...seems like we can't even get a good snow to sleet to drizzle SWFE...This will be a quick burst of snow to pouring rains down here, then a flash freeze of our mud puddles

the good news is that arctic cold and very dry conditions settle in to finish January, before we torch up February. your slush (if any) pack should be frozen in place

• Haha 1