NorEastermass128

18 hours ago, dendrite said:

Ladies and weenies of the winter of 2019-2020,
I have one piece of advice for you,
No matter what snow88 tells you,
There is no snow in the panic room.
None.
Oh, there's panic in the panic room.
But you don't want panic, you want snow.
And there's no snow in the panic room.

fixed.

• Thanks 1

I'm so bored im reading old threads from the 2011-2012 winter season.

That oct storm was incredible, sad i missed it.

The thread about wiping out the NWS and all weather moving to the private sector was also hilarious.

Lots of threads for storms that never panned out like Feb 19th 2012 and something in late Apr? 

3 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Double last year's snowfall here already one week into Winter. Winter un-cancel.

Its not strictly about the total amount......its how you get there....so far there have been storms in December but they have all sucked except one I guess and even that one was pedestrian.....the snow has sucked too.....lots of pingers and shit snow and ZR - no real snow......this season has sucked epically so far.....I'll hold on for another couple weeks but thats it....get ready

21 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Its not strictly about the total amount......its how you get there....so far there have been storms in December but they have all sucked except one I guess and even that one was pedestrian.....the snow has sucked too.....lots of pingers and shit snow and ZR - no real snow......this season has sucked epically so far.....I'll hold on for another couple weeks but thats it....get ready

Part two in early December was all snow here with some of the heaviest snow rates I've seen in Enfield. It's only 12/31. Even if January isn't good, we get some of the biggest snowfalls here in March. I'm at 20" with three months of potential snowfall yet to go.

To each his own I guess.

10 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Part two in early December was all snow here with some of the heaviest snow rates I've seen in Enfield. It's only 12/31. Even if January isn't good, we get some of the biggest snowfalls here in March. I'm at 20" with three months of potential snowfall yet to go.

To each his own I guess.

Ya thats the storm I'm talking about as OK....you have some latitude on me here in West Hartford so thats an advantage but I hate how since then its been so meh.....whatever

4 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I’m big on how we get there vs total snowfall as well. Last season was normal snow but it was a D- winter imo. 

Canadian has a much more extreme pattern than CPC & the CFS. Looks like a blend of January 2013/2017 to me. The old run (Nov 30) on the right actually is pretty similar.

The simplest SOI pattern composite for Oct-Nov-Dec (1957/1951) also agrees with the Jan outlooks from the CFS/Canadian. MJO years with phase four around 1/6, like the current forecast in include 2013, 2007, and 2005 since the MJO data began, with 2013 as the best match.

Canadian pretty much nailed December nationally. 

28 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

Canadian has a much more extreme pattern than CPC & the CFS. Looks like a blend of January 2013/2017 to me. The old run (Nov 30) on the right actually is pretty similar.

The simplest SOI pattern composite for Oct-Nov-Dec (1957/1951) also agrees with the Jan outlooks from the CFS/Canadian. MJO years with phase four around 1/6, like the current forecast in include 2013, 2007, and 2005 since the MJO data began, with 2013 as the best match.

Canadian pretty much nailed December nationally. 

I have no issue at all with this idea. Been on this train for January since last fall.

That 8.5" December for Boston my analogs had held pretty well it looks like, despite over 7" the first couple of days. My precipitation analogs have been pretty awesome so far for a blend created in Sept/Oct. Two distinct dry areas and two distinct wet areas both basically in the right spots to date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

That 8.5" December for Boston my analogs had held pretty well it looks like, despite over 7" the first couple of days. My precipitation analogs have been pretty awesome so far for a blend created in Sept/Oct. Two distinct dry areas and two distinct wet areas both basically in the right spots to date.

What are your thoughts for February back this way? I think it will be pretty wintery...