Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The front end dump definitely looks to be focused further west, as far as the best stuff is concerned. Then Monday later in the day it cranks for eastern areas 

I think that is widespread. Might be more focused a bit near and north of the pike. Right now areas just west of BOS along 90 up to about KMHT look to be in a good area IMO.  The euro actually focuses Monday night banding up in NH which makes sense give the H7 low track. Almost looked like boxing day with a second area focused closer to the low center. With ligher snows in between.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think that is widespread. Might be more focused a bit near and north of the pike. Right now areas just west of BOS along 90 up to about KMHT look to be in a good area IMO.  The euro actually focuses Monday night banding up in NH which makes sense give the H7 low track. Almost looked like boxing day with a second area focused closer to the low center. With ligher snows in between.

WPC snow probs clearly show what you are saying for the first part w a nod to being W of 495/inland 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah agreed... it’s all gravy being this early.... I like 3-6” early call here.

Despite what modeling may show right now, I’d bet it’s sloppy here for a time 

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

NNE needs some ICON type solution where the closed H5 low goes right over SNE.  

Ain’t happening James.  That confluence is exactly what we don’t want to see from here to Dryslot.

Euro has ticked further NW with the SLP the last 3 runs, Gets decent snows in here with the second part, We watch from here on out.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The BOX stuff?    It will catch up

I was looking specifically in CT where the thermals on the front end are the difference between 3" and 8" - but the 6z GFS already came in colder which they didn't have. I'd like to see it come in colder each run lol

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

NNE needs some ICON type solution where the closed H5 low goes right over SNE.  

Ain’t happening James.  That confluence is exactly what we don’t want to see from here to Dryslot.

So T0lland is stealing our snow yet again!!!!!!!!!!!

I am good with that this week.

It's the stupid POS ridiculous God awful should be wiped from model guidance snow maps which are leading to the stuff like "euro being the outlier" and "the notion of significant differences between the models". 

The upper-level features on the GFS and Euro...and all other guidance suggests a fairly robust storm here...while there are some differences in the surface evolution and what transpires post-WAA regime all models suggest robust activity Monday...obviously where depends on what many have already discussed. 

People are going to drool over the Euro showing 15-25''...call the GFS garbage b/c it only shows 10-15' and then be all upset and call the storm a bust b/c they didn't get 15-25'' and say the GFS "actually scored a win b/c it hit totals right"...when in reality all model guidance did a great job with this...just minor details in smaller-scale features. 

• Like 2