Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So this system is progged to overperform relative to analog composite?

It’s good news. This is going to be a huge storm and on top of that 30-40 hours of precip. Remember we were talking about this a couple of weeks ago with you guys I wanted a 36 inch storm that lasted 36 hours. I’m tired of those 8 hour blizzards! I’m hyped!!!!

:weenie: what is crash predicting lol

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So this system is progged to overperform relative to analog composite?

Mostly it shows you the "potential" of a certain upper air pattern. It's not like this system has potential only up to advisory snowfall, it has the potential to really turn into something meaty.

Of course the 10th percentile (think of it as "at least this much snow") is 0, so there are wide goalposts. 

Median is respectable for early Dec though: 

MEDSN72_gfs215F120.png

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Mostly it shows you the "potential" of a certain upper air pattern. It's not like this system has potential only up to advisory snowfall, it has the potential to really turn into something meaty.

Of course the 10th percentile (think of it as "at least this much snow") is 0, so there are wide goalposts. 

Median is respectable for early Dec though: 

MEDSN72_gfs215F120.png

This is much easier to understand. Makes more sense.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Upper air analog to 12 07 03 and 01 04 03 gave me wood. 

12/6/03 was a full blown blizzard but what the hell was 1-4-03? I looked it up on rays winter storm archive, its like a total dud, nothing.

Also, 12/6/03 was a cut off bowling ball similar to this so i get the analog there but 1/4/03 was an open wave, so im not sure how that was an analog at H5

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

12/6/03 was a full blown blizzard but what the hell was 1-4-03? I looked it up on rays winter storm archive, its like a total dud, nothing.

Also, 12/6/03 was a cut off bowling ball similar to this so i get the analog there but 1/4/03 was an open wave, so im not sure how that was an analog at H5

1-4-03 I vaguely remember as being a small event that had a mega gradient. NYC was all rain and 33 yet places like BDR/HPN/HVN snowed all day and had like 4-6 inches I think.  It was somewhat like a 12/9/95 or 12/9/05 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Definitely progged to be more robust at 500/300 Sunday than 1/4/03 was, but the mid levels back in 2003 were a fair analog match for Sunday.