Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Feel pretty good with Ryan going for a few inches for CT Tuesday. 

I think at this point, you’d have to put that out there being an on-air MET.  He knows he can take that back tomorrow or Sunday if need be.  But when in Competition with the other stations, you need to keep the viewers abreast of the potential...so that was smart on his part, Cuz it could do(snow possibly) just that next week..? 

But I don’t know how much confidence that should give us though, knowing what we do with the latest model guidance??   The general public doesn’t know what we do.  

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think at this point, you’d have to put that out there being an on-air MET.  He knows he can take that back tomorrow or Sunday if need be.  But when in Competition with the other stations, you need to keep the viewers abreast of the potential...so that was smart on his part, Cuz it could do(snow possibly) just that next week..? 

But I don’t know how much confidence that should give us though, knowing what we do with the latest model guidance??   The general public doesn’t know what we do.  

He’s as conservative and close to the vest (weather wise) as there is. So for him to talk about that 4 days out means at least something . 
I will say his rainer end of week has a decent amount of support to be a snower. 

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Those snow prob maps sucked in the last event.

True, the models sucked in the last event lol.  But the snow prob maps being much further north than the deterministic solutions at one time was a red flag.  The op models were snowing in CT when the ensemble snow probs were through Dendrite.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

True, the models sucked in the last event lol.  But the snow prob maps being much further north than the deterministic solutions at one time was a red flag.  The op models were snowing in northern CT when the ensemble snow probs were through Dendrite.

And we know how that panned out, So far i'm not impressed with any model guidance, That's a bigger red flag then anything overall.

Just now, dryslot said:

And we know how that panned out, So far i'm not impressed with any model guidance, That's a bigger red flag then anything overall.

Yeah, my fear is still that this comes in a bit warmer as we approach go time.  Like Tippy said, it does look like a more robust repeat of the last system... and that one at this lead time was modeled far too cold ahead of the system.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah, my fear is still that this comes in a bit warmer as we approach go time.  Like Tippy said, it does look like a more robust repeat of the last system... and that one at this lead time was modeled far too cold ahead of the system.

I certainly favor your area, Over to Northern NH and Northern and Western Maine for this next one, Can't rule out some ice in CNE though right now but further south and east from their, Needs more work for anything wintry.

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Those snow prob maps sucked in the last event.

They mean very little in Euro, Eps, gfs, Gefs in this Situ at this lead 

we are tracking a weak over running event .Those that have seen this dejavu yesterday / today  knew N greens always have best 6” inch probs as long as there is an element of upslope 

if this event doesn’t dry up like a GILF by 0z Monday or trends back to a actual low with mid levels we board the bus in cne,/ ne nne

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They mean very little in Euro, Eps, gfs, Gefs

we are tracking a weak over running event .Those that have seen this knew N greens always have best 6” inch probs as long as there is an element of upslope 

if this event doesn’t dry up like a GILF by 0z Monday we board the bus 

You want it to stay weak too, Or it will be tracking to BUF, The whole trough needs to be further east for the rest of the folks.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They mean very little in Euro, Eps, gfs, Gefs in this Situ at this lead 

we are tracking a weak over running event .Those that have seen this dejavu yesterday / today  knew N greens always have best 6” inch probs as long as there is an element of upslope 

if this event doesn’t dry up like a GILF by 0z Monday or trends back to a actual low with mid levels we board the bus 

The stronger push south of the cold actually helps in this scenario to create better frontogenesis. So hopefully we get that. You get that push south and then the second shortwave has to run the system into a much colder airmass which produces good thermal packing and better fronto and prob more defined midlevels....but it seems we're not going to get that and instead it's going to ride along the weaker frontal boundary that stays NW and the system stays elongated. 

But who knows...still enough time for it to change but it has to really start trending hard tonight or early tomorrow I'd think. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I mentioned this a few days ago. The n stream flow was modeled to be more sharp and with more digging, for both this past system and probably next week. We ended up with, and will likely end up with models showing a more climatologically favored setup, a little more relaxed and rounded. This should allow the southern stream to press north of what models show from D5 esp. the gfs and Canadian, which imo tend to be cold biased at that range.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I mentioned this a few days ago. The n stream flow was modeled to be more sharp and with more digging, for both this past system and probably next week. We ended up with, and will likely end up with models showing a more climatologically favored setup, a little more relaxed and rounded. This should allow the southern stream to press north of what models show from D5 esp. the gfs and Canadian, which imo tend to be cold biased at that range.

Hmm why is the northern steam having trouble dipping and digging 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Now that’s a good post my dear Dr.   Nice contribution!  :-)