Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Let’s just have a nice December for once. Torch it to T-day as far as I’m concerned. 

Scott, agreed , however, if snow arrives in December ,I hope it stays throughout the winter, sick of getting a storm and see it melt 48 hours later, then rain, then snow etc, I know, "wishful thinking"

18 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott, agreed , however, if snow arrives in December ,I hope it stays throughout the winter, sick of getting a storm and see it melt 48 hours later, then rain, then snow etc, I know, "wishful thinking"

Well our climo isn’t wire to wire snow, but agreed....let’s hope for weeks of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude...can you just STOP! It’s October 26th.  It’s not supposed to be winter in SNE yet.    So just f’n knock it off already you clown! 

Mods..can we do something about this TROLL?

That’s quite the temper tantrum , put on ignore like a big boy if you like 

And yeah our winter climo is what it is in sne, it’s certainly not until December 

NNE good luck on latter half of Novie

mine as well put the ball in someone’s hands that can score consistently that time of year 

meanwhile we enjoy comfy temps 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

It's the equivalent of April....yet weenies would be cliff diving if it didn't snow then. But late Oct. Nov it's far too early. Heh

What?  lol.

No one cliff dives in April if it doesn’t snow.  By April we are trying to remind folks that it isn’t time to install.  

But honestly man, it comes off like you’re trying a little too hard this morning to get some folks riled up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What?  lol.

No one cliff dives in April if it doesn’t snow.  By April we are trying to remind folks that it isn’t time to install.  

But honestly man, it comes off like you’re trying a little too hard this morning to get some folks riled up.

In reality if someone’s morning highlight is getting weenies in a tizzy at 6am Sat.am over lack of winter threats in October ...it’s not looking good on the ole excitement happiness front 

thou people can multi task and there’s usually a couple easy weenie targets 

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What?  lol.

Yeah definitely trying too hard. Lol. 

Anyways, looks seasonably cold in early November on EPS. Probably some snow threats for NNE I'd guess based on that pattern...prob mostly of the upslope/windex type variety but can't rule out something bigger. SNE could see first flakes too in many spots but obviously need a bit more than moist NW flow for that...

We start off the month with a western ridge...

IMG_3652.PNG.75d4495f43b358eade95875c25ecc29f.PNG

Ridge breaks down but we are still not warm because of -EPO/-WPO and a semblance of -NAO

IMG_3653.PNG.fa61db353fda92c0cd8859560520423e.PNGIMG_3654.PNG.e480f3409280b2d89efc2035ca50200e.PNG

Then we reload a western PNA ridge at the end of the run:

IMG_3655.PNG.af1478d0a8b79a68bbc161b0068a7a96.PNG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Outside of the first couple of days of November, looks like it will be a cool first half. October will be AN, but I'd say it's been a nice month temp wise for sure. Keeping the energy bills in check. 

October has been really nice. Like +1ish...that's about perfect. I got no use for 48F highs...though I know others disagree. But with the kids, it's nice to have 58F instead to go outside. 

November def not looking torchy...though the best cold will be centered a bit west of us in the early going. Could sneak a wintry threat in there though...esp if we can load a PNA ridge in the 2nd week of the month. 

Funny, despite the OP GFS, the GFS ensembles wanted to torch us for a few days in the Nov 5-8 range or so. EPS not so much. Both look colder though around 11/10. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

October has been really nice. Like +1ish...that's about perfect. I got no use for 48F highs...though I know others disagree. But with the kids, it's nice to have 58F instead to go outside. 

November def not looking torchy...though the best cold will be centered a bit west of us in the early going. Could sneak a wintry threat in there though...esp if we can load a PNA ridge in the 2nd week of the month. 

Funny, despite the OP GFS, the GFS ensembles wanted to torch us for a few days in the Nov 5-8 range or so. EPS not so much. Both look colder though around 11/10. 

Amazing what an effect that has, isn't it? LOL.  But yeah...I've enjoyed it. My type of seasons in seasons. Oaks are dropping and the next few weeks will be a mess. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

What?  lol.

you're right, big winter incoming and there are no reason for any concerns.