Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s like a Birving is on a scorched Earth tour. Was bullied by cold weenies when he was younger and taking out his anger 

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

image.png.e3b1b9a767a12e2fdf5b651870ee1178.png

Not a flake of snow yet. That has nothing to do with later this winter or as a whole. You'll be fine, at least dryslop  in ME should.

18 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH had their coldest November day on record last year and it occurred on Tday which was 8 days before the end of the month. 

Their high of 16F obliterated the old record low max for the month which had previously been 20F on 11/30/58

My max that day was 11, one degree below the coldest max I recorded in Fort Kent and 10° below any at my current locale.  And that was set at 9:01 the previous evening; the afternoon high was 9° - had a 9° afternoon high in Nov once in FK but there was no wind and hunting was good.  Much nicer than last T-day, when I didn't pick up the rifle.

GFS looks chilly next week, at last on the recent run.  Will likely change between now and then, maybe 3-4 times.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Tool. Even with the ignore on I still see his posts. If mods can improve this feature next upgrade, would be appreciated. Great feature just needs a little more tweaking. 

At least we are seeing the cold season show up locally in the LR. About all we need at this point. 

But at one time the models were showing cool/cold for the end of October. I want to see some of the cool/cold shots verify in the near to mid term. 

15 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

But at one time the models were showing cool/cold for the end of October. I want to see some of the cool/cold shots verify in the near to mid term. 

Classic more -PNA look though. Euro was showing that too, but pushed back a tad. The pattern overall will favor Plains cold for awhile. 

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I actually think that’s a great thing to see. Some of you may want to rush it in, but this is exponentially better to see compared to a black hole near AK.  Get the source region cold.

I don’t want the cold, let it bottle up where we need it. My fears of a potential AK vortex is practically nil now. All systems go for at least an average winter. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I actually think that’s a great thing to see. Some of you may want to rush it in, but this is exponentially better to see compared to a black hole near AK.  Get the source region cold.

Trying to rush the cold and snow is a fall tradition on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1