• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Colorado Wealth Group
    Newest Member
    Colorado Wealth Group
Tyler Penland

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

5 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

I can see how those south cashed in. Not very impressive on radar but putting it down pretty good. Two snows in 7 days, I’ll take it. 

it will be over soon. We still don't have a dusting

After a lull, getting dime size dendrites and a bit of wind. Rates during the burst between 11 to 12:30 was easily and inch+ per hour. Currently a little over 2 inches on the deck and still falling lightly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

don't be worried yet, from what I can tell, most of our accumulation will come from the band to the west once it comes through. 

Just as I expected that band has.....evaporated lol

Congrats to Northern Atlanta up to Clemson

15 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Ended up with about 1.5 inches here. Further toward Balsam really got it good. A nice wintery ass appeal for the day. 

We had more than 2” when I last got an update from the wife a couple hours ago. See how much I measure when I get home in 2 hours, hopefully there’s still some of that appeal left :lol:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Just as I expected that band has.....evaporated lol

Congrats to Northern Atlanta up to Clemson

Really? In Foscoe it's been pouring, not really accumulating as I think it's too warm but it's still coming down.

Don't be such a downer, man. It's just beautiful to watch fall. Any day there are flakes in the air is a win. I have one inch for the season, but I am enjoying the beautiful snowfall outside (even though I want even get a dusting before it's over).

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

My dad got 6" in Cleveland, GA today. That's a bigger snow than I've had since our 18 back 2 Decembers ago.

Actually I'm fairly sure that's more than I've seen total since then, since I'm sitting on about 15 T's this season.

*sigh*

That’s nuts, so jealous.

Really? In Foscoe it's been pouring, not really accumulating as I think it's too warm but it's still coming down.

Heavy flurries here in Boone, enough to keep everything wet.

9 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Heavy flurries here in Boone, enough to keep everything wet.

Looks a little more than heavy flurries on the king street  cam

Looks a little more than heavy flurries on the king street  cam

It picked up some after the post. I’d say moderate snow with very fine flakes. Not even accumulating on elevated surfaces.

26 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Crazy winter when NGA gets one snow event with more snow than your seasonal total in a N.C. mountains location!?

I'm at 5" total. Very subpar year so far and all the rain makes it depressing!

• Like 1

Back in Haywood County picking up dinnsr, can see clouds pushed up against the Balsams and Smokies squeezing out all the moisture they can (wife said it still feels like the house is in a snow globe).  Feel good about my chances of pulling into 3”+ and breaking the 6” mark for the season.  Only about 15-20” to go to hit what I’m estimating the average for our area is, doubt we get there but I’m sure I’ll be trout fishing and turkey hunting in the cold all during April. 

ETA:  Looks like 2” (maybe 2.5” if there was compaction/sublimation between when it stopped accumulating and now when I measured) seems to be what we got, thought for sure we’d be at 3” from the pics I got earlier from my wife with it still snowing and already having what looked to be 2”.  Oh well, make it 5-5.5” for the season.  

• Like 1