• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow
Tyler Penland

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Nice little burst here right now. Definitely not the huge wet flakes we saw last Friday. More fine flakes. 

That’s what we’re getting here. We got about an 1.5. Would be a lot more if we could get those dime size flakes. 

looks like the northern shield is getting a bit more robust. Hoping the line to the west can stay intact, that's where the heavier rates are.

• Like 1

HRRR even brings in a band around 10pm tonight for the northern counties that drops roughly half an inch or so, that could be interesting.

Just a little over 3 inches with moderate snow. Can't get any of the big flakes like they have in GA. Maybe we can hit 4 before this winds down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Just a little over 3 inches with moderate snow. Can't get any of the big flakes like they have in GA. Maybe we can hit 4 before this winds down.

Don't complain we won't even get a dusting 

Extremely fine snow, we’ll be lucky to get a dusting at this rate. Bad when Clemson has a bigger snowstorm than Boone has all winter and it’s nearly the middle of February.

2 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Extremely fine snow, we’ll be lucky to get a dusting at this rate. Bad when Clemson has a bigger snowstorm than Boone has all winter and it’s nearly the middle of February.

don't be worried yet, from what I can tell, most of our accumulation will come from the band to the west once it comes through. 

10 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

How much has Boone had this year?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
49 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:
looks like the northern shield is getting a bit more robust. Hoping the line to the west can stay intact, that's where the heavier rates are.

Hrrr for the win perhaps?

except this run cut totals in half. So idk

don't be worried yet, from what I can tell, most of our accumulation will come from the band to the west once it comes through. 

I don’t know, I hope you’re right but I’ve seen similar bands fizzle coming from that direction

Happy for you guys that have scored. I am really hoping yall can score on another one before the season is over so that I can make another trip!