• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

August Discobs 2019

Looks like almost every yard in central Md just north of DC s lat on north sees a drink of water .

Except me. What a spectacular miss. This has got to the most spectacular miss ever.

That’s like the tenth time a storm avoided my yard like a running back juking a safety for the goal. Congrats to all the winners today.

Barely even in the direct path of those storms here. Nice lightning show though. If I don't get woken up it's a bust.

One heck of a thunderstorm in Smithsburg around 6pm.( just east of hagerstown) Trees down everywhere. 

Pea size hail also

50 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looking at radar Lionel kiddie City says turn that frown upside down dude..lol

Screenshot_20190822-203306_Chrome_crop_360x263.jpg

lol

I am really good at this now. That line will miss me a few miles to the north, You see what DC got?

36 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Barely even in the direct path of those storms here. Nice lightning show though. If I don't get woken up it's a bust.

Head up to Millington if you want to see some rain from this line. Or wait until tomorrow and take a drive down to OC or VA beach. 

50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

7.29”/hr rain rates. 

0.83” of rain. Biggest rain event in over a month.

Lots of T&L

Great wind from that outflow. Lots of stuff blowing out of the trees. Lets see if I can manage a little rain on the southern extent..gonna be real close.

A rarity over the past 3 weeks- on the inside looking out. 3 miles SW there is nothing. Just made it lol. Not gonna get a lot, but its raining pretty good.

• Like 1

So I chose to drive and it's awesome. Tons of lightning and heavy rain, with gusty winds. Finally seeing rain, but I'm heading home since I'm getting tired.

• Like 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

So I chose to drive and it's awesome. Tons of lightning and heavy rain, with gusty winds. Finally seeing rain, but I'm heading home since I'm getting tired.

It looks like Millington really did get hit pretty hard lol. I called that ;) 

Winding down here now. Not nearly enough for the parched soil here, but better than the usual zilch. 0.35"

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

One heck of a thunderstorm in Smithsburg around 6pm.( just east of hagerstown) Trees down everywhere. 

Pea size hail also

There was mention of a 59mph wind gust in Smithsburg in an earlier severe thunderstorm warning issued by the NWS in Sterling, VA.

DCA reached 95 today... how many days this year is that?  I am guessing DCA has about 10 days of 95+ this summer?

7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

A rarity over the past 3 weeks- on the inside looking out. 3 miles SW there is nothing. Just made it lol. Not gonna get a lot, but its raining pretty good.

Told ya:ph34r:

So the frown is ALMOST upside down lol:lol:

...3k nam has a decent slug of moisture moving through later for many areas 

Currently 65 with a northeast wind 

• Like 2

Looking forward to today's fall preview. Cloudy, cool with a chance of rain in the afternoon. That sounds delightful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yoda said:

Good amount of damage reported in Frederick County Maryland 

I have an elderly relative (93) that lives in Woodsboro.  Heard there was a good many trees down there.  I'd call her but she always refuses to put her hearing aides in so she wouldn't hear me anyway :weep: 

I'll have to ride up there later after work. 

27 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Looking forward to today's fall preview. Cloudy, cool with a chance of rain in the afternoon. That sounds delightful.

Today should feel pretty refreshing for those of us who are growing tired of the h+h

• Like 2