Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Greed can turn to abject fear in the blink of an eye.

Funny you say this...

Because the conversation/preparation... seriousness, et all, needs to shift to the other concern - because there is no economy in that failed world.  ;) 

...that's part of the problem.... Not of it matters.  No one gets that - and it will lead to a surplus in that particular emotion -

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Funny you say this...

Because the conversation/preparation... seriousness, et all, needs to shift to the other concern - because there is no economy in that failed world.  ;) 

...that's part of the problem.... Not of it matters.  No one gets that - and it will lead to a surplus in that particular emotion -

Actually, I spoke too hastily earlier. There could be a climate tie in related to low crop yields in the midwest due to all that flooding earlier this year. That may drive some inflation in food prices. I think there's some data supporting that in China at least. 

The failure of the past 3 administrations including now to really address the banking issues will result in a high price.  But that doesn’t change with worldwide no matter the ideology regarding climate change price 100% of the planet will pay on some level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Man different world up north.  July was about as warm as June was cold...but the JJA mean is likely going to be very close to spot on average. 

June... -1.6

July... +1.8

August... -0.5

Some on here have been puffing there dinners, Outside of a warm July, It’s been nothing I’m going to remind my kids or grandkids about the summer of 2019

Wonder if the gloom and doom climate alarmists here ever think about some of the possible positive effects of a warmer climate.  Things like increased crop yields, greener earth, increased areas of viable living space etc etc. We adapt. Deaths from natural disasters are a tenth of just 50 years ago. Stop the planet death throes hype. Use less inflammatory rhetoric. Concentrate on reducing air, water pollution which are bigger more imminent threats. And geezus the your a scientist you must agree with me or we blacklist you is about as fascist as it gets 

Bootleg autumnal air mass .... 

This is purely oceanic air driven clear to Albany... 850's support upper 70s.  Innocuous looking synoptic structure, mid and u/a is creating a weird surface pressure pattern... 

That high pressure really should settling more actively south of the region but won't - which isn't making a great deal of physical sense... but here we are.  In addition to "floating" highs... we have heights over 582 DAM ...and we can't make 70 F ??

This isn't exactly an autumn trophy foisting so much as it's a cool enthusiasts getting dumb f'n lucky-

That said, we've been above normal for so long ...  I guess eventually even fixed die will accidentally roll a snake eyes

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Bootleg autumnal air mass .... 

This is purely oceanic air driven clear to Albany... 850's support upper 70s.  Innocuous looking synoptic structure, mid and u/a is creating a weird surface pressure pattern... 

That high pressure really should settling more actively south of the region but won't - which isn't making a great deal of physical sense... but here we are.  In addition to "floating" highs... we have heights over 582 DAM ...and we can't make 70 F ??

This isn't exactly an autumn trophy foisting so much as it's a cool enthusiasts getting dumb f'n lucky-

That said, we've been above normal for so long ...  I guess eventually even fixed die will accidentally roll a snake eyes

Back half of August nice days are always fun because people have recency bias from peak summer and think it’s unusual.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Actually, I spoke too hastily earlier. There could be a climate tie in related to low crop yields in the midwest due to all that flooding earlier this year. That may drive some inflation in food prices. I think there's some data supporting that in China at least. 

It's tied into everything !

you're kidding right - ..

see this is the problem... articulate people that seem surprised when they stumble into some inter-dependencies, both direct and probably of even more importance, indirect,  - I'm not saying that just to use long words man.  Everything we are doing in western-based civility is non-sustainably related to what we're doing to the planet in order to carry on the way we are.  There is no disconnect - sorry ...there isn't...  oy

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Back half of August nice days are always fun because people have recency bias from peak summer and think it’s unusual.

Sounds like you in the spring, thinking summer is here in April and we all need to install immediately.  

Funny you try to rush that time of year but not now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like you in the spring, thinking summer is here in April and we all need to install immediately.  

Funny you try to rush that time of year but not now.

Good idea to uninstall now so you’re not left chilled trying to do it in October. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good idea to uninstall now so you’re not left chilled trying to do it in October. 

It’s hilarious.  Literally the same type of thing in Morch he’s trying to get warmth in here if it won’t snow... but in later August it’s just usual cool, folks are crazy,  don’t get excited, etc.

But yes better get those window units out.  Wouldn’t want a night in the 40s blowing through those openings.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Oceanic air? Dews have been in the 30s in NNE.

Yeah...stand corrected on the ocean aspect there...

I wasn't looking too closely at the evolution but it appeared (yesterday)  that high pressure was situating in the models in an usual position... and in fact, that's still the case.

It is forcing an easterlyNE, fetch down here, which is an ocean component. 

Either way, NNE is also not SNE, and I often get trapped by that failing distinction - ha!  Our DP's bouncing between 48 and 59 around town, and the air temp is 73 under 582 DAM hights... That's unusual metric -

I think of a real autumn bow shots as PNAP pattern delivery with first big balls polar front sweeping out and even strata streets down stream of the Lakes..  And that's probably too idealized ( admittedly ) but if you look at the H500 charts...this is not typically how you get the shot across the bow. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...stand corrected on the ocean aspect there...

I wasn't looking too closely at the evolution but it appeared (yesterday)  that high pressure was situating in the models in an usual position... and in fact, that's still the case.

It is forcing an easterlyNE, fetch down here, which is an ocean component. 

Either way, NNE is also not SNE, and I often get trapped by that failing distinction - ha!  Our DP's bouncing between 48 and 59 around town, and the air temp is 73 under 582 DAM hights... That's unusual metric -

I think of a real autumn bow shots as PNAP pattern delivery with first big balls polar front sweeping out and even strata streets down stream of the Lakes..  And that's probably too idealized ( admittedly ) but if you look at the H500 charts...this is not typically how you get the shot across the bow. 

Yeah I think it’s just different stages.  Like I look at first real autumn stage of weather when popcorn cells are getting thrown across Upstate NY and NNE, starting as 53F light rain that turns into 42F pouring graupel in the cores.  Then the sun comes back out, then more graupel and you end up getting 6 distinct showers throughout the day from cold pool aloft as p-type progs turn from green to pink over the higher terrain.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The failure of the past 3 administrations including now to really address the banking issues will result in a high price.  But that doesn’t change with worldwide no matter the ideology regarding climate change price 100% of the planet will pay on some level.

Money has not intrinsic value to nature. 

Energy    Mass    C-light speed,   do

Gravity, does.   Fundamental particles that construct the baryonic framework for all matter within the ... quantum result known as the firmament, do.

Money? means nothing -

Guess what...  Climate is controlled by tinkering, however deliberately or in accident, with former.   I like trying to explain this rudimentary principle to people of the Wall Street ilk - man... it's like, "does not compute; does not compute" robo-metrical responses... Blink twice... re-engage.   awesome.  haha.