Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol hammers lol. Scotts boys plastic hammer doesn't count. What a great end to August, ya know that plus 3 plus 4 extremely humid month we didnt have. Now its September,  oh how I pray.  Big surf warm and humid could not draw it up more perfectly. 

Free Ruggie?

Just now, powderfreak said:

Man everyone has grown up... so many that a decade ago would be looking forward to watching advancing ice in the arctic are now bummed about low sun angles.  

We all seem to need sunlight more than we did a decade ago.  Guess we need all the help we need to avoid depression in this new world lol.

Stop watching the news, its cathartic and if you really think about it the hype is what depresses people not reality. The great majority is doing very well in fact. All the SJWs are up in arms with world ending worries.  Relax and enjoy each day fuk the rest of them

• Like 1

Really not worried about September calls with a week left in August...no offense to anyone here. It can be kind of a crapshoot...especially in transitional seasons. Obviously you go into it looking AN since almost every fall is lately, but deep summer looks done. A 2-3 day stretch of heat or moderate dews between cold fropas doesn’t scream deep summer to me. We’ll probably have 80s right into October. Deep summer is gone just like Hammer’s career.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re exactly like me . You want seasons in seasons. HH summers , cool falls that begin in September and colder snowy winters. Unfortunately September is going to furnace us. Just  gonna have to:

Deal with it-

Cosgrove 

Fall begins September 21st every year, just because some arbitary school date says summers over doesn't effect our climo. Deal with that, same thing we try to tell you in March

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man everyone has grown up... so many that a decade ago would be looking forward to watching advancing ice in the arctic are now bummed about low sun angles.  Jerry starting his cryosphere threads back on WWBB and EUSWX and now he’s thinking of moving to sunnier spots and misses walking in 90/72 afternoon.

We all seem to need sunlight more than we did a decade ago.  Guess we need all the help we need to avoid depression in this new world lol.

I have no winter hobbies besides liking snow...except now I have to clean up a ton of it and pay for my own heating. And there’s so much I like to do in summer now. I’m sure if I hit the slopes or snowshoed or skated it’d be different. But winter just costs me money and aches now as a whole...lol. It’s just so damn long too. I have moments during the season when I’m into it, but after a cutter or 3 straight days of 10/-10 I start to check out. With that said, I can do without the dews too. 65-70° is about my tolerance.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Really not worried about September calls with a week left in August...no offense to anyone here. It can be kind of a crapshoot...especially in transitional seasons. Obviously you go into it looking AN since almost every fall is lately, but deep summer looks done. A 2-3 day stretch of heat or moderate dews between cold fropas doesn’t scream deep summer to me. We’ll probably have 80s right into October. Deep summer is gone just like Hammer’s career.

Agreed.  You tried to tell them at least. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I have no winter hobbies besides liking snow...except now I have to clean up a ton of it and pay for my own heating. And there’s so much I like to do in summer now. I’m sure if I hit the slopes or snowshoed or skated it’d be different. But winter just costs me money and aches now as a whole...lol. It’s just so damn long too. I have moments during the season when I’m into it, but after a cutter or 3 straight days of 10/-10 I start to check out. With that said, I can do without the dews too. 65-70° is about my tolerance.

Amanac.jpg

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed.  You tried to tell them at least. 

I’m not even sure any of us are in disagreement. It’s more or less one’s perspective. Do you see COC amidst warmups or dews amidst the chill? Show me a week averaging 85/65ish and I’ll jump back on the deep summer train.

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man everyone has grown up... so many that a decade ago would be looking forward to watching advancing ice in the arctic are now bummed about low sun angles.  Jerry starting his cryosphere threads back on WWBB and EUSWX and now he’s thinking of moving to sunnier spots and misses walking in 90/72 afternoon.

Not all of us. I'm personally thrilled to not be sweating my baguettes off in the near future. Bring it. 

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m not even sure any of us are in disagreement. It’s more or less one’s perspective. Do you see COC amidst warmups or dews amidst the chill? Show me a week averaging 85/65ish and I’ll jump back on the deep summer train.

Yeah it’s the same thing.  A couple days up here of low 80s and dews in 60s are going to show up ahead of FROPAs...that will then drop overnight temps back to the 40s and highs in the 60s afterwards.  Depends on what part of that you focus on.  Pre or post FROPAs.

Will be be crisp nights of 45F all the time?  No. Will it be humid mins near 65F all the time?  No.  The same for the daytime highs.  

If we are 80s up here for 5+ days in a row then I may change that tune.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

So what will be the hot meteorological term the general public will cling to this winter? A few years ago every frost was a polar vortex, last year every flurry was a bomb cyclone, what will it be this year? 

Now take that to what PF posted about being depressed at the world. Its all fuking hype to the max . Hard to believe how gullible people are, well not really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Now take that to what PF posted about being depressed at the world. Its all fuking hype to the max . Hard to believe how gullible people are, well not really. 

Some on here go bonkers when Ryan doesn’t hype a day 4-5 snowstorm on the EURO, lol.  They need it and crave it.

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol hammers lol. Scotts boys plastic hammer doesn't count. What a great end to August, ya know that plus 3 plus 4 extremely humid month we didnt have. Now its September,  oh how I pray.  Big surf warm and humid could not draw it up more perfectly. 

The HHH consensus has struggled so bad in August all they have is delusion left . Sad

• Like 1