Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like we have an 837ft station in Tolland now...getting closer to 945ft. That has to be an older station that is just recently back to CWOP based on the ID number. Heck, I'm C7324 and went online with CWOP in 2007 so that ID precedes me.

image.png

Lol. That’s great. We can all see the Rev’s weather . Subtract .5f for 110 feet?

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

July and August average has been warm. Are we going to ignore record and near record July? August much more tamer, but still warm. September probably somewhere +1 ish. Maybe +2 most.

Point being that warm overnights no sustained heat waves with high dews. 90s numbers and dews hours were no where near records. July ranked high but we talk all of summer 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

July and August average has been warm. Are we going to ignore record and near record July? August much more tamer, but still warm. September probably somewhere +1 ish. Maybe +2 most.

These guys are crazy. Just put the blinders on . They can’t look at numbers and see how hot of a summer. Just put blinders on and call everything cool and normal . Aug on track for 2.5 AN call . Feeling great about that with the furnace late week and weekend. Bunch of Helen Keller’s ACATT in here today lol

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

August is warm every year lol

The consensus was +2-+3

Whats the non broken sensor at ORH Running for a departure?

PVD?

MHT?

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

July was awesome. It was hot overall, but other than for a couple of days it wasn't too bad up here. We just didn't have any cold fronts. Dews weren't too bad either at least up this way. Just lots of sun and tolerable warmth. I used the AC way more last July.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:39 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

One summer wire to wire dews. The next one of hottest ever with more than half the days humid to oppressive interspersed with mild dew downs into low- mid 60’s. No cool comfy wx like some called. Couldn’t have drawn it up any better . Beauts 

What a bust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

These guys are crazy. Just put the blinders on . They can’t look at numbers and see how hot of a summer. Just put blinders on and call everything cool and normal . Aug on track for 2.5 AN call . Feeling great about that with the furnace late week and weekend. Bunch of Helen Keller’s ACATT in here today lol

Worcester wont even touch its top twentieth top summer but keep on with your narrative using BDL. If your weather matches ORH like you claim then you are probably top 20 warmest. Biggest meh ever

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Worcester wont even touch its top twentieth top summer but keep on with your narrative using BDL. If your weather matches ORH like you claim then you are probably top 20 warmest. Biggest meh ever

Serious question. Can you find or recall one single post of yours ever.. where you’ve posted a torch map or an AN map. Just one. Friends are asking 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It’s been a warm summer.  The problem is we’re so used to it we don’t think departures have been so bad.  I’ve come to the realization that our warming climate is our biggest existential threat as a society.  Most Americans are blithely ignoring it.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Serious question. Can you find or recall one single post of yours ever.. where you’ve posted a torch map or an AN map. Just one. Friends are asking 

Easy look in the July thread. Your friends can look too. Do your own homework,  it promotes independence 

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s been a warm summer.  The problem is we’re so used to it we don’t think departures have been so bad.  I’ve come to the realization that our warming climate is our biggest existential threat as a society.  Most Americans are blithely ignoring it.

Lol ok Bernie. Could you layout exactly what the threat is. ORh 20th warmest summer ever,  shit 49 blew it away. Ever think these airport shitty sitings are skewing data. I would love to hear exactly what existentialism threat exists. We warm we adapt. People ignore hype.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well i would put Current Climate change right ahead of Aliens (extra terrestrial) on my list. Financial collapse, Nuclear war and some sort of virus outbreak in top 3

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol ok Bernie. Could you layout exactly what the threat is. 

Several

1.  Areas of earth suddenly uninhabitable from sea level rise-people will try to migrate to where things are easier 

2.  Triggering an ice age from freshening North Atlantic thermohyaline circulation.

3.  Uninhabitable major cities (already happening in India) will cause world wide chaos.

#2 might be fun for awhile but you know what I mean.

Just now, weathafella said:

Several

1.  Areas of earth suddenly uninhabitable from sea level rise-people will try to migrate to where things are easier 

2.  Triggering an ice age from freshening North Atlantic thermohyaline circulation.

3.  Uninhabitable major cities (already happening in India) will cause world wide chaos.

#2 might be fun for awhile but you know what I mean.

India is uninhabitable from overpopulation and total stress on existing resources. People live in places not meant to be inhabited,  they either move or die, has been the case since we first got up on our feet. The rest is just conjecture. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How come you haven’t posted any of the warm to hot AN Eps slides? How come only ones with pretty blues?

Not true, but mostly to counter your hype . You fully admitted you are not here in good faith but rather to hype, troll and make wild forecasts. Your credibility is pretty much shot. I miss the days when you actually put your own thought into posts rather than just quoting Gibbs 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

India is uninhabitable from overpopulation and total stress on existing resources. People live in places not meant to be inhabited,  they either move or die, has been the case since we first got up on our feet. The rest is just conjecture.

Yes-and that’s what my opinion is.  You don't have to agree but more and more I feel personally convinced.