• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    diviningweather
    Newest Member
    diviningweather

July pattern(s) and discussion

4 minutes ago, PineHillsWx said:

My station at my home in Plymouth measured 5.04 inches. Happy that it seems to be fairly accurate. Not happy that the only road into our neighborhood is decimated. Closed due to sink holes and other extensive damage. Trapped at home for now......

Wow. That’s incredible.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Same idea. Watering from the bottom up.

Yes, Then same idea, This is what the inside of the container looks like, The tray sits 6" above the bottom so that is all water below there, You pack those two pieces of drain pipe with soil in the container, That's the wicking part, I also have a drain hole on the outside of the containe at just under 6" so the water never gets above that level, This pic is about a week or so after planting.

Container1.JPG

Container.JPG

Garden1.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Where is the irrigation Jeff? Behind the planters? 

Yes, Check the pic i just posted above.

It's one of those morning where there is definitive clearing on satellite right over you on sat/vis imagery but no evidence of any brightening anywhere stepping out of doors. 

I swear, the satellite is sending pictures from the future some times...   Heh.  

3 minutes ago, PineHillsWx said:

These aren't great but took them earlier. I got home just before this road was closed. It's called Sacrifice Rock and only way into the Ridge section of Pine Hills. 

flood1.jpg

flood2.jpg

Wow!

Well.. they finally did it.  The heat signal has been deconstructed by the models.  This recent modeling saga ( which challenges tedium to find a more nuanced awareness...) is the most elaborate variation yet of this weird repeating model trend:

Basically, the models lob a heat visions onto the D8-10 as a first guess ...then, spend the next four day's worth of cycles trying to prove to us why it won't happen ...

Yeah, why not just not have to begin with... okay -

But no, they set up heat waves, then make us watch them argue with themselves and one another, to disprove their own faux perception of the future with only slowly degrading suggestion - thus keeping it possible.  Finally, as your D5 and 6's arrive, we find ourselves right back here again, 100% of the time... since late March.  Stuck inside this unrelenting NW flow prison sentence with endless parole denials. Watching summer heat from afar. 

I really do not believe any model run beyond about day four has had any practical usefulness in any deterministic weather efforts since late March.  100% of the time, we've eroded and or defaulted entirely, right back to this 'keep new england cooler relative to the everywhere else at least excuse imaginable'  ... 

Normally ... "patterns" have a residence of about 90 days tops...  Most are around 45 days, before some sort of reshuffle occurs and sends the general circulation through some other paradigm. It may even return to the former dynamic, but the system resets.  This is pushing it -

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's one of those morning where there is definitive clearing on satellite right over you on sat/vis imagery but no evidence of any brightening anywhere stepping out of doors. 

I’ve seen a few small patches of blue this morning.  But pretty much socked in

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve seen a few small patches of blue this morning.  But pretty much socked in

Oh ... yeah it is now.  I'm splashin' 

But still, the former phenomenon is palpable.  There does seem to be an existential delay relative to the satellite presentation/interpretation ... particularly noticeable when approaching amorphous edge work in the skies. 

I don't know how much of that is pure psychology ...probably all of it.  In this case, mornings of murk ... suck.  So, not wanting them, perhaps the phenomenon is like similar to a 10 year old in the back seat asking dad, 'are we there yet; are we there yet.'   But that word used there, "relative" got me thinking...  

We all know ... err, "should know," that objects in orbit above those objects suspending deeply in a gravity well experience the passage of time at a slower rate ... Maybe the satellite picture is being snapped off in one frame of reference, and then by the time it is sent through General Relativity's cosmic scaled processor, we are in fact seeing it from the future(past)...depending.  Fun sci fi but no...  The actual time dilation is negligible compared to other delays... processing time in general.  If anything, the delay between the picture being taken, and us seeing it, goes the other way.  

Mid and high level deck has slabbed rapidly away off the east coast of Massachusetts and will up in Maine as the noon hour approaches... We are left in a bacon  ( ASOS 'BKN'/broken) heh.. but with a WNW odd warm sector wind vector ... we may see some subsidence help and together with the hot sun ... 

The T1 temp in the NAM has been insisting on a 28 C at Logan between 18 and 00z ... which usually is good for 32 C in the 2-meter... That seems pricey at the moment but... I have managed to squeeze my own temp to 76 F despite the murk ... It's probably the sultriest sensible condition thus far I've personally sensed this season, btw...  

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol: well we know Plymouth NH will never jack in winter. 

Eh...Plymouth NH did rain quite nicely during winters.

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes, Then same idea, This is what the inside of the container looks like, The tray sits 6" above the bottom so that is all water below there, You pack those two pieces of drain pipe with soil in the container, That's the wicking part, I also have a drain hole on the outside of the containe at just under 6" so the water never gets above that level, This pic is about a week or so after planting.

Container1.JPG

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Eh...Plymouth NH did rain quite nicely during winters.

Plymouth likes to jack in 2-4" light SWFEs.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Plymouth likes to jack in 2-4" light SWFEs.

what a hole. At least it is relatively scenic

8 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

what a hole. At least it is relatively scenic

NNE likes to build meteorology schools in downsloped valleys...Plym and LSC. They should've built them at 1500'.

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've heard of r-g system/hydration ... 

My bro-in-law in fact, barrel-stows rain water that falls off the roof, into the eave, then down the spout and stuff... Even installed a spigot to modulate the flow rate out the bottom of said barrel(s) in parallel, grav assisted, into one of those hoses that sweats water through.  It keeps his watering budget, both time and money, in check... 

But my question is, is that safe chemically?  

It's probably fine ... but, shingles don't occur in nature, naturally ...  Some roofs are slate and those do occur in nature, naturally.  I just tend to shy away from anything that passes through or is exposed to human 'industry.'   It kind of goes by the famous last words of the dog owner, 'don't worry; he only growls'.  

There is no chemical contrivance or chemistry manipulation, anywhere, that has yet to prove 100% infallibly safe.   There are certainly exposures that are safer than others... of course.  Benzenes will tumor-up a testicle pretty quickly with exposure... say, but, high -fructose corn syrup only might or might not trigger Pancreatic Cancer.... etc..etc..  I just am not sure if the chemistry of roof shingling isn't leaching quantities of DNA rewrites that are only thought to be insufficiently too little to cause irreparable harm by the arrogance of either science, or the apathy of the user.  

Just curious. 

Course, there are chemicals that plants ignore in soils.  There are others that hitch ridge along the osmotic action of the roots and actually ends up in the flesh of the plant.  That's a whole 'nother aspect.  

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've heard of r-g system/hydration ... 

My bro-in-law in fact, barrel-stows rain water that falls off the roof, into the eave, then down the spout and stuff... Even installed a spigot to modulate the flow rate into one of those hoses that sweats water through.  It keeps his watering budget, both time and money, in check... 

But my question is, is that safe chemically?  

It's probably fine ... but, shingles don't occur in nature, naturally ...  Some roofs are slate and those do occur in nature, naturally.  I just tend to shy away from anything that passes through or is exposed to human 'industry.'   I kind of goes by the famous last words of the dog owner, 'don't worry; he only growls'.  

There is no chemical contrivance or chemistry manipulation, anywhere, that has yet to prove 100% infallibly safe.   There are certainly exposures that are safer than others... of course.  Benzenes will tumor-up a testicle pretty quickly with exposure... say, but, high -fructose corn syrup only might or might not trigger Pancreatic Cancer.... etc..etc..  I just am not sure if the chemistry of roof shingling isn't leaching quantities of DNA rewrites that are only thought to be insufficiently too little to cause irreparable harm by the arrogance of either science, or the apathy of the user.  

Just curious. 

Course, there are chemicals that plants ignore in soils.  There are others that hitch ridge along the osmotic action of the roots and actually ends up in the flesh of the plant.  That's a whole 'nother aspect.  

I had contemplated the rain barrel idea but elected not to go that route, You would need to filter out the shingle particles, If you look in a rain gutter, Over time you have to clean them out of roofing matter as most are asphalt shingles.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

NNE likes to build meteorology schools in downsloped valleys...Plym and LSC. They should've built them at 1500'.

What were they thinking

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Same idea, But like anything else, The bigger the container, The more room for root growth, The bigger the plant, I started out in 5 gal containers and moved to 14 gallon and a couple 35 gal ones over the last 5+yrs.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

What were they thinking

No idea. It's as if they didn't even consider snow climo when originally building them. Weird.

• Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah 73/72. Partly sunny now. We wipe.

Only poor mid level lapse rates and (later) drying stand between us and some action in E Ma late this aftn.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Container1.JPG

Container.JPG

Garden1.jpg

Really clever set up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Destructive sunshine here, as soon as it suns it clouds, some decent towers just went by

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Destructive sunshine here, as soon as it suns it clouds, some decent towers just went by

Sun is making an appearance here now as well, That may not be a good thing as its going to increase the shower threat.