Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I was thinking last night of staying in Branford tonight at a hotel since I think there is a better shot down here. But I have to do laundry and won’t be able to any other day this week...except Thursday maybe 

It kinds has that feel out there right now, but who knows...just like in the winter it will find someway to miss here. We need the rain, I have needed to water the garden more than I like over the past 3 weeks, so a nice soaking after this weekend would be nice!

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

It kinds has that feel out there right now, but who knows...just like in the winter it will find someway to miss here. We need the rain, I have needed to water the garden more than I like over the past 3 weeks, so a nice soaking after this weekend would be nice!

I can’t believe how clear it is now...and how hot. It could rock later along coastal CT. I may Cohen back down this way later on to chase 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Suns out at office in Farmington, just west of HFD.

We'll see what happens...  We need the warm boundary back N and those temps mid 80s/74 dps surging back to get up N of you toward the Pike...then, that S/W with deeper wind mechanics nears later and ...well... SPC probably outlines much of this - 

It may come pivot all the way to the Worcester Hills to PSM/ NH but that's ...iffy

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We'll see what happens...  We need the warm boundary back N and those temps mid 80s/74 dps surging back to get up N of you toward the Pike...then, that S/W with deeper wind mechanics nears later and ...well... SPC probably outlines much of this - 

It may come pivot all the way to the Worcester Hills to PSM/ NH but that's ...iffy

not much north of the pike correct?

12 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

not much north of the pike correct?

Depends...  probably not as much SB action ... but any deep ongoing activity that transgresses NE over the boundary will last in elevated form for some distance ( probably ) so there's lop over from that. 

12z GFS operation and it's machine guidance number both indicate a 4-day marginal heat wave Fr- next Mon

It'd likely be a 91'er /67 .. 70 type of thing.  

What we have in that time range is a general elevated height ... est about 6 dm over climo, without a lot of SW/western heat expulsion ... So it's daily manufactured.  You can see this in that the 500 mb thicknesses are showing unusually large breathing expansion and deflation between afternoons and 6z overnights... 564 to 572 dm is probably overdone in the GFS... But, seems it's got a tall column with paltry thickness inside.  

It's also got a strong heat signal out in la-la range with 594 dm heights over the MA

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Didn't you just tell me where people live? cant tell by that ink blotter what this ytd is either 

Maybe I need to convert it to an EPS bar graph so you can understand it?

Last I checked MWN was in New England and it's a good representation of our H85 temps and has a consistent measuring history.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It was fukin hot everywhere,  no one stayed in Boston yesterday 

Ok, you just seemed annoyed in the original post that Fisher was saying it was incredibly hot in Boston and then said something about yes for the guys working on the tarmac.  

• Haha 1