Newest Member
    joxey
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

9 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

I'm headed down to CC to board up

:weenie:

9 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Dorian misses the entire SE US coast by a hair, and is later captured/catapulted into SNE :D

:weenie::weenie:

34 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

next

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

19 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

It's already a halficane by the time it reaches 40N. If you believe the gfs. Flooding would be impressive anyway.

:weenie::weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Solid tropical storm conditions on the Cape verbatim, along with like 6-8" of rain. ACK pushing hurricane force. Not buying it yet, but we should keep an eye on the extent of western ridging and the strength of that shortwave/trough orientation going forward. Perhaps we can get a bit of a PRE after all after last week's tease.

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Solid tropical storm conditions on the Cape verbatim, along with like 6-8" of rain. ACK pushing hurricane force. Not buying it yet, but we should keep an eye on the extent of western ridging and the strength of that shortwave/trough orientation going forward. Perhaps we can get a bit of a PRE after all after last week's tease.

1996 Edouard's fishing expedition comes to mind. I remember moving to college the day before, the first thing I did was setup telnet 14.4 baud into PSC wx and track that pos all night. :D

These are some of my favorite situations in the "weather as a spectator's sport" engagement. 

Watching others contemplate how they get to get this or that, when the reality is ... they most likely get nothing - wah wah wahhh.

This may very well go down in history as a Great Bahama/Grand Abaco deal, with a ginormous, historically impactful Media headline gale for everywhere else...  But, hey, CNN sure made their money off this thing, huh -

It seems to me this system has stalled nearly stationary ...doing the thing the models had predicted - pretty damn amazing we have the tech these days to be so dependably reliant.  However, that stall coordinate may be skewed E of where the consensus had it ... Perhaps only talking 20 or 30 clicks, but assuming when motion resumes and is as such along the anticipated NW to NNW drift before inevitably accelerating N-NE .. .all that, it seems to intuit a chance for an E adjustment.

heh... 12z models coming now so we'll see... Also, the cloud tops over/of the circumvallate have slightly warmed the last couple of hours, and there some subtle signs the eye is more ragged.. I mentioned earlier it would be unlikely for Dorian to endure at those magnificent scales of structure; perhaps we're see some of that..  We may have a Cat 1/2 hurricane climbing the ladder by this time tomorrow?  

41 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

1996 Edouard's fishing expedition comes to mind. I remember moving to college the day before, the first thing I did was setup telnet 14.4 baud into PSC wx and track that pos all night. :D

Lol, my earliest recollection of a tropical bust. I was twelve and remember everyone was talking about a hurricane coming. I was so excited, and subsequently so crushed, when Edouard fished. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, correnjim1 said:

Gloria for me

Belle for me.

2 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

The COTI ensemble track blend followed by the UKMET have been the best verifying pieces of guidance for Dorian at 120 hours so far. 

05L_tracks_12z.png

Maybe the UK can be reliable this winter.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs is quite a storm here. Not sure I buy that. 

I'll toss that unless others start joining in.  It may not be a huge miss, but I'd certainly lean toward that at this point than anything significant--even for James.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I would hate to lose power for any more than I have too.  Hell no to Dorian, go away fierce monster of Mother Nature, go away, I want to watch football this Sunday.  I have a feeling N'Keal Harry will do to the Steelers what Gronk did to them in his career.

He'll do what Gronk will do this year. Not play

• Haha 5