• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

Sun about to start blasting.  Just hit 60F.  With higher dews and afternoon temps near 70F it's going to feel fantastic.  Most on this board have already had spring weather but today is really my first.

Tons of melting snow right now.

Looks like Monday's storm is heading west which might spare at least Maine and NH from heaviest rains?

Friday and Saturday...

While it is a long way off, the long range guidance shows very deep
meridional flow setting up across the eastern U.S. GEFS guidance
already showing a Pwat/LLJ of 2+ standard deviations above normal.
That is a pretty good signal this far out, so the threat for some
heavy rainfall and mild temperatures exists Friday and/or Saturday.
There also will be at least the low risk for some flooding too.

BOX excited

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

that was the fastest improvement of sensible conditions I've seen in a long while...  wet, tho mild at 8 am... it was pithy in it ... and the early vis imagery showed dense overcast paralleling the entire eastern seaboard from the green mountains to WV...  That back edge absolutely rocketed ENE ...  If you are up in NS... just think, cloud tags were in interior Massachusetts just 3 or 4 hours ago..

Now?  open sky with whiskey CU at 74 F ... DP is 60, too ...which that combination has not been felt on the skin in many, ...many months. 

And is welcome... 

This is a rare breed of day for the rectal month  ...

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah Gene this is the first true spring day up here I think.  Like full on shorts and t-shirt weather.

Snow is melting with a purpose now.

We are up to 64 now and it's incredible. The snow is just sizzling away. Lawn is showing up. Still a foot at the stake but that's because it's sheltered. 

Watching carefully the forecast for Monday. Last time we flooded it was due to 5-7" of rain in about 8 hours and it was a true flash flood - came and went in about 2 hours. The Ammo (which my house is on) starts at Lakes of The Clouds, just up the mountain, so the river level responds very quickly in both directions. Forecasts so far keep it to minor flooding at worst, which is a good 3 feet lower than needed for trouble. Keeping fingers crossed and duct tape handy. :)

Bunch of Davis' 77 tho ... but, prolly that means 74.5 in reality ...

First afternoon of the season with "that" appeal - ... no faux warmth.

Different tomorrow by 15 ...and then we wet warmth Monday before drying out Tuesday but ... the next cool back isn't returning to the same sort of 'chilly' appeal.  Seems a seasonal page is turning like today actually..

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I bet the NNE crew is watching the snow melt right before their eyes, like a time-lapse

Down 3" to 18 at the stake in low-mid 60s.  Was odd feeling to be sweating in the sun while sinking to mid-calf and beyond in wet corn, as I picked up the tops of some trees I dropped 2 weeks ago (which were left because I got tired of sinking to mid-thigh that day.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Score

Yup ... great job recognizing that the climate in April tends to show warming between the 1st and 30th of the month...  Tough getting heads around that concept so anyone that sees that is definitely ahead of the curve...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2