Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

80F in my room currently with the window fan. Hoping it cools down tonight. Don't want to have to use the A/C.

I’ve got the cross breeze and hoping to avoid ac later.  I think post sunset it will cool down to acceptable levels.  Much cooler downstairs.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ve got the cross breeze and hoping to avoid ac later.  I think post sunset it will cool down to acceptable levels.  Much cooler downstairs.

My room faces South with nearly no insulation. This room bakes all Summer. In August the A/C barely keeps the temperature below 75 during the day. This house is a garage under house type layout and the basement is 66F year round. I go there in the Summer, it's furnished.

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I suffer from dry skin all winter, finally getting a break from it with increased humidity.

Yeah not up this way.  Stowe-Morrisville ASOS was 67/20 for 16% RH an hour ago.

Temperatures are going to plummet tonight once the sun goes down unless we get some clouds in here.

With dews well below freezing and temps in the 60s, BTV is thinking we get down near 32-35F tonight.

I'm still blown away how humid it was in SNE and how it was like a Utah desert air mass up here.

Doesn't get much better than this today.  Warmest day since October 11th per BTV.

But holy crap at how much water is swiftly moving down the river past my place.  Without a drop of rain, the river looks like it does in the summer after a 2-3" thunderstorm.

I can't imagine what 1-2" of rain might do with this ripe snowpack now letting go in the mountains.

56828209_10103707012294510_1621416172182

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Doesn't get much better than this today.  Warmest day since October 11th per BTV.

But holy crap at how much water is swiftly moving down the river past my place.  Without a drop of rain, the river looks like it does in the summer after a 2-3" thunderstorm.

I can't imagine what 1-2" of rain might do with this ripe snowpack now letting go in the mountains.

Thinking about skiing at MRG next weekend. If they reopen after tomorrow it will be the most operational days ever.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Amazing how fast things will have to shut. Do you think this will be the quickest shut down in resort history from deep winter to un skiable in like a week or two?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Amazing how fast things will have to shut. Do you think this will be the quickest shut down in resort history from deep winter to un skiable in like a week or two?

Since many of the areas were set to close after next weekend, due to few skiers, probably not.  And places with decent elevation still have gobs of snow and will for a while.

Hope the 18z GFS is wrong - added about half an inch qpf (to 1.35") for Augusta tomorrow/Monday, with temps in the 60s during the RA.  Could push minor flooding to significant were that to verify. 

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ha, we only have a week left and even a March 2012 type week wouldn't melt all of it.  That was like 5 days of 70s, incredible stuff.  Today just vaporized most of the snow in our yard...smoked like a half foot and the ground almost seems dry.  Low, low RH and temps near 70F just sucked it up.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, we only have a week left and even a March 2012 type week wouldn't melt all of it.  That was like 5 days of 70s, incredible stuff.  Today just vaporized most of the snow in our yard...smoked like a half foot and the ground almost seems dry.  Low, low RH and temps near 70F just sucked it up.

These wipable high dews an Temps near 80 was just surreal