Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
WxUSAF

March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Since @WxUSAF killed our Monday threat with a new thread, maybe this is the one we root to bomb out now. ;)

But we said the same thing when WXUSAF created this thread and it came back to life... Way too early to give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro snowfall by 18Z (kuchera) is setting up the 2 inch + line just north of Balt's latitude. WE see 3-3 1/2 totals on the PA line.

eta: sorry the 2 inch line sets up in the northern portion of balt city.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Interstate said:

But we said the same thing when WXUSAF created this thread and it came back to life... Way too early to give up.

Only kidding. LOLz. I think Monday will come back around. Cold push will likely win in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showmethesnow said:

Euro snowfall (kuchera) is setting up the 2 inch + line just north of Balt's latitude. WE see 3-3 1/2 totals on the PA line.

i like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LP08 said:

C9263A8E-548D-440C-8319-74FD8A0899C6.png

If u look at the current radar you can see that the precip may even end up further north than what the Euro is depicting.  I’m the biggest weenie there is but i think South of the MD/PA line will be lucky to see a snow shower or two. Hope I’m wrong of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely have seen a significant shift in regards to the Friday night/sat morning potential coastal. We are seeing a blow up of precip to our south and southeast that was not on the previous run. Overall I think the Euro took a pretty good step forward as far as potential for our region. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showmethesnow said:

Definitely have seen a significant shift in regards to the Friday night/sat morning potential coastal. We are seeing a blow up of precip to our south and southeast that was not on the previous run. The Euro took a pretty good step for our region. 

how about temps?  obvious question but seems important.  thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showmethesnow said:

Definitely have seen a significant shift in regards to the Friday night/sat morning potential coastal. We are seeing a blow up of precip to our south and southeast that was not on the previous run. The Euro took a pretty good step for our region. 

Seems like too little, too late for that though. And temps are very marginal as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If u look at the current radar you can see that the precip may even end up further north than what the Euro is depicting.  I’m the biggest weenie there is but i think South of the MD/PA line will be lucky to see a snow shower or two. Hope I’m wrong of course.

What radar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, osfan24 said:

Seems like too little, too late for that though. And temps are very marginal as well.

Man losing 100 games a year has affected your positivity 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If u look at the current radar you can see that the precip may even end up further north than what the Euro is depicting.  I’m the biggest weenie there is but i think South of the MD/PA line will be lucky to see a snow shower or two. Hope I’m wrong of course.

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion...the area of precip that will be mainly effecting us hasn’t even developed yet 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

how about temps?  obvious question but seems important.  thanks in advance

Rough. 850 retreats to NW of the cities before sliding back down south as the low is winding up. Haven't looked at surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Seems like too little, too late for that though. And temps are very marginal as well.

In case you haven't noticed we have seen significant changes within the last 24 hrs at such short leads? Maybe  we can see a response in temps as well if we can get this low really cranking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showmethesnow said:

Rough. 850 retreats to NW of the cities before sliding back down south as the low is winding up. Haven't looked at surface.

I see.  Thank you.  this upcoming period seems like a muddled mess.  but the changes are exciting to watch.  Lets say the coastal blows up..maybe it helps next week..wishful thinking but who knows..no one for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Only kidding. LOLz. I think Monday will come back around. Cold push will likely win in the end.

And that's the thing...I mean, the pattern all winter has been for things to trend colder as we get closer, so you'd think...but, that may be a bit of a weenie playbook, lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion...the area of precip that will be mainly effecting us hasn’t even developed yet 

I was looking out at the precip in the western Kentucky area.  Sounds like I’m wrong so i can go back to full weenie mode.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I was looking out at the precip in the western Kentucky area.  Sounds like I’m wrong so i can go back to full weenie mode.  

I mean I agree that the focus is north of DC and maybe even a bit north of Baltimore but I think here in Baltimore I’ll see a little more than just a snow shower...my bar is 1”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I mean I agree that the focus is north of DC and maybe even a bit north of Baltimore but I think here in Baltimore I’ll see a little more than just a snow shower...my bar is 1”

Definitely rooting for you to get snow. You are definitely in the game. I’m not even in the stadium lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

Definitely rooting for you to get snow. You are definitely in the game. I’m not even in the stadium lol 

Honestly it feels like I’m just in the stadium getting drunk watching a terrible team (the orioles will be this year). I’m kind of annoyed with all these little storms. To not get a solid all snow/cold smoke 6’incher is disappointing in a winter where we expected a bit more. I understand that some people to my west/southwest have done pretty well but I really haven’t outside of 2 storms and even those 2 weren’t THAT great. Oh well

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This storm has bust written all over it for everyone unless you are 10 miles from the M/D line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2O said:

This storm has bust written all over it for everyone unless you are 10 miles from the M/D line

Eh, that's what we've been saying before every little storm this year.  Then the morning of the storm we're all pleasantly surprised and end up with 2-3".  I bet this storm will work out the same.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, H2O said:

This storm has bust written all over it for everyone unless you are 10 miles from the M/D line

Sets alarm for 6 am tomorrow when Bob Chill is reporting a death band over his house 50 miles from M/D line - with subsidence in-between.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From DC north, the 18z Nam looks a little better.  I don't hate the run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah not sure it’s that much better for DC but it is for Baltimore. 3-5am looks like a good snow band on the Baltimore and north area 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Yeah not sure it’s that much better for DC but it is for Baltimore. 3-5am looks like a good snow band on the Baltimore and north area 

It's a little more robust south.  I know the specifics of banding won't be decided until its happening but there was a better expanse of the precip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×