Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Lost the 70’s look on Euro too. Tip’s Nape stays white n hairy 

Euro looks pretty damn warm to me. +12C 850s late day Thu with the cold front still out in IN. May be wet on Friday with the front, but that is a nice torch for mid March.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Euro looks pretty damn warm to me. +12C 850s late day Thu with the cold front still out in IN. May be wet on Friday with the front, but that is a nice torch for mid March.

Yeah it’s 50’s and rain. There had been talk of 70 and scantily clad fellows tossing disc golf frisbees too and fro 

7 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Fitchburg Airport is in a pit at like 350ft, surrounded by pavement so probably not the best way to capture the snow in the area.  We only scored around 8" in the last one, but there was substantial layer of snow and ice already on the ground.

Here are some shots from this morning at my house, which  faces slightly southeast

DSC_05512.jpg.2835401c95e6aca5465af2d84bdbc81f.jpgDSC_0553-2.jpg.31b9334231c028f7a37f3883bfeabdcc.jpgNic

Nice crib--is that yours?

8 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Fitchburg Airport is in a pit at like 350ft, surrounded by pavement so probably not the best way to capture the snow in the area.  We only scored around 8" in the last one, but there was substantial layer of snow and ice already on the ground.

Here are some shots from this morning at my house, which  faces slightly southeast

DSC_05512.jpg.2835401c95e6aca5465af2d84bdbc81f.jpgDSC_0553-2.jpg.31b9334231c028f7a37f3883bfeabdcc.jpgDSC_05522.jpg.efadd2bdc045df667f15b239d7076411.jpg

Aren’t u south of Fitchburg 

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Late to the party....but shocked this didn't make an appearance.

Mon Dieu!!

Lol. Funny.  Forgot about that scene.  

Steve Martin is awesome. Been a fan since I was really young.  My girlfriend bought me tickets to see him and Martin Short a few weeks ago at Foxwoods.   I laughed the whole time.  Was awesome.

• Like 1

Anthony Masiello

"The sequence of events next week across the Pacific is reminiscent of the 1980s and 1990s. There's an extratropical/tropical interaction for exciting the low-frequency signal's forcing, producing a phase 8-like response in the PNA sector"

22 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Lol. Funny.  Forgot about that scene.  

Steve Martin is awesome. Been a fan since I was really young.  My girlfriend bought me tickets to see him and Martin Short a few weeks ago at Foxwoods.   I laughed the whole time.  Was awesome.

I wish I had gone.  I've been a fan forever as well.  I remember when I was young I had his "Let's get small" album and with a book or two he had written.

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

After the debacle of Dec and Jan, a solid F.  It would take a 4/1/97 type even to get a passing grade from me.   Bookend winters suck

This winter could not have been more 80s. Warm rain cold dry, early season snow, winter summed up in a 2 week great March stretch. I say D+ for nostalgia.

I wonder if we get one more event with the PNA spike and slightly negative EPO. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

This winter could not have been more 80s. Warm rain cold dry, early season snow, winter summed up in a 2 week great March stretch. I say D+ for nostalgia.

I wonder if we get one more event with the PNA spike and slightly negative EPO. 

PNA looks great as we head into Mid to late March. Possibly 1 more snow threat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is like the antithesis to the Indian Summer progression later this week.   It'll be guilty warm ...

I wonder if Thursday overnight can even plumb 60 for lows. Those two days will eradicate all snow pack outside of those parking lot Swiss Alp piles ...clear back to Brian's latitude.  It'll slam to a stop at his door and Dryslot and so forth, as there's just too much cryogenic mass above that ~ latitude.    

Then, I still insist looking over recent operational tone and tenors, and combining at least with the American teleconnectors ... that winter should return for a solid 10 days.  What form precisely ...? Who knows, but snow should be there on a couple of different occasions. 

Thus, the antithetic metaphor is complete.  In the Autumn, it gets cold... perhaps convincingly so.. with even a snow.  Then, there's a Rosby roll-out, the pattern flips and there's a mini mud season followed by a few days in the 60s and 70s if not a temperatures of 80.  

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

I wish I had gone.  I've been a fan forever as well.  I remember when I was young I had his "Let's get small" album and with a book or two he had written.

Yup. Same here.  That and "A Wild and Crazy Guy" have some of the best routines...I think one of those has the King Tut song on there too. 

• Like 1