Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Weeklies and Fisher are roasting it

Verbatim they are AN for us, but still having ridging up in Canada and a storm track across the south. That is not a warm look. I would not feel comfortable forecasting warm and dry for April.

I know most in here don’t like talking about snowcover unless it has to do with Siberian cold, but the snowpack in Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick and interior NNE is pretty epic right now—-basically our entire CAD region is buried in 2’-4’ snow right now. Have to be cognizant of locally sourced cold, and sturbborn surface HP’s....

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Big time floods on all NNE rivers. I remember it. We had flooding here too, but all there rivers were close to, or made records. 

Carabassett River wiped out a large section of Rte 27 pretty much the only road into the sugarloaf area., Fairbanks Bridge on Rte 4 in Farmington was wiped out.

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Verbatim they are AN for us, but still having ridging up in Canada and a storm track across the south. That is not a warm look. I would not feel comfortable forecasting warm and dry for April.

Fisher said all winter March would be warm and dry due to Nino. Voodoo 

I’m a little disappointed that it doesn’t seem that we’re getting that warm next week. Highs in the low and maybe mid 40s and lows in the teens and 20s.   There’s still a good 8 to 12 inches in the open fields and 12 to 16 in the woods. The snow pack was sneaky and building in the last few weeks. There’s layers of frozen all through the snow pack so it won’t be easy to melt out. If the euro is right maybe we can get four or 5 inches of snow and have our peak snow back this weekend.   March sun is amazing though. Our farmers porch faces south and even though it was zero when we woke up we been drinking tea and coffee on the porch with a very warm sun. 

20 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’m a little disappointed that it doesn’t seem that we’re getting that warm next week. Highs in the low and maybe mid 40s and lows in the teens and 20s.   There’s still a good 8 to 12 inches in the open fields and 12 to 16 in the woods. The snow pack was sneaky and building in the last few weeks. There’s layers of frozen all through the snow pack so it won’t be easy to melt out. If the euro is right maybe we can get four or 5 inches of snow and have our peak snow back this weekend.   March sun is amazing though. Our farmers porch faces south and even though it was zero when we woke up we been drinking tea and coffee on the porch with a very warm sun. 

I’ll take the over on those temps after wed.

19 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I'd be shocked if our highest is only mid 40s.