Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Probably best if you curtail your jet setting and take the train

No, actually best if I keep my thermostat down so our solar panels can do their thing, and if I support public policy that reduces carbon emmissions, and if I use public transport where practical, and if I keep living my life.

I'm done on this.  Steve can have the last word if he wants.  As I said, I don't initiate political conversations in here.  Steve chose to do that.  But I will respond.  In the same way I will respond when very occassionally in the past people have made sexist or homophobic comments.  But I promise not to initiate.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

I'm done on this.  Steve can have the last word if he wants.  As I said, I don't initiate political conversations in here.  Steve chose to do that.  But I will respond.  In the same way I will respond when very occassionally in the past people have made sexist or homophobic comments.  But I promise not to initiate.

I am good.  Enjoy the snow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

Tip, 20-21st update? 

Yeah, it's still there...  waiting - I wouldn't focus so much on those particular dates, but post the 15th ... that looks interesting for week to 10.

It's in the GEFs in both agencies, but more demonstrative, perhaps, over at CDC.  Both have a rather concerted rises/complete phase change in the PNA... Going from modestly negative to a mean of perhaps +2 or even +3 SD. That is a huge mass field alteration/expectation.  

One such would be robust mid latitude expression of western ridging.  

We'll see where that leads

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it's sad...it's all about clicks and ratings now. It's the same thing everywhere....natl news, ESPN, TWC, etc.

Media also loves anything racial for the ratings generated. Any minority shot by a white officer is millions  in ratings . A Hispanic man shoots a Hispanic kid...no ratings..same as black on black crime . No outrage ...but white...oh ratings and otherwise intelligent people  losing perspective bc they see that so highly represented and getting a percentage of air time that pales in consideration to all other groups combined . I anticipate this being deleted I just can’t stand the way people don’t realize the media game and  the ripple effects 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Y'all be arguing about this as your dying from it - 

movin' right along... 

Looks like that bit of rain the other night was a godsend for keeping a nice wintry look here. Reports of snow getting vaporized in NMass. Just trickles next to the driveway.  Sun felt great but clouds from the offshore storm mucking that up. 

I will be long gone before climate warming kills me unless Kevs cat 4 hits

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks like that bit of rain the other night was a godsend for keeping a nice wintry look here. Reports of snow getting vaporized in NMass. Just trickles next to the driveway.  Sun felt great but clouds from the offshore storm mucking that up. 

I will be long gone before climate warming kills me unless Kevs cat 4 hits

We're still holding onto quite the man pack here right on the coast.  Very impressive for nearing mid March.  

Not to break into the Sunday mojo ... but man... the Euro puts up a perfect day for May next Wednesday ...  Every run looks a little better/polished, too... 

How about the +14 C 850s in deeply mixed BL pouring into CT/ W. Ma by late afternoon.  

That's gonna be rather abrupt... 

What's funny, that pattern at D10 ...ever so whispers watch out ...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to break into the Sunday mojo ... but man... the Euro puts up a perfect day for May next Wednesday ...  Every run looks a little better/polished, too... 

How about the +14 C 850s in deeply mixed BL pouring into CT/ W. Ma by late afternoon.  

That's gonna be rather abrupt... 

What's funny, that pattern at D10 ...ever so whispers watch out ...  

Yup, I think somewhere in NE gets one last hurrah out of old man winter.