• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March Long Range Discussion Thread, Winter's Last Stand

stormtracker

Inside 5 days: check; decent amount of moisture: check; exact track: no consistency yet.  Stay tuned!!!  Seems like no one should start really getting excited before 0z Saturday operational runs.  It will avoid a lot of emotional ups and downs over the next two days.  Remember the models have been awful outside 48 hours.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

It's super close but it looks like the R/S line stays just to the SE of the city (though it would be good to see each hour...this is only going off the 6 hour panels on pivotalweather).  DC/Arlington/Alexandria stay all snow.

Instant weather has 3 hour and 850 is comfortably south at 105.  I’d be excited if I was in MD for sure....minus the euro lol

• Like 1

It's been a funny trend this year...once we get inside day 5, cold air gas never been a problem! In fact, if anything, things trend colder as we get closer (or we deals where the CAD is an undermodeled stud). Our big problem has just been a fast, progressive flow! (Perhaps I'm oversimplifying that, so someone can correct me if necessary). So perhaps this time...if we can get things to slow down at least a bit for once...we can get somethin' more substantial! :D

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It's super close but it looks like the R/S line stays just to the SE of the city (though it would be good to see each hour...this is only going off the 6 hour panels on pivotalweather).  DC/Arlington/Alexandria stay all snow.

Ridiculous to parse at this range of course but looking at 3hr panels the 850 stays JUST to the SE of the city throughout on GFS.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Hmm.   Looks like rain in DC and mix up to Mason-Dixon on tropical tibits.  Whatever, still nice trends at 18z.  

The mag website had the 2mT line pretty close by and the 850 0c line stayed just south of DC... most be warm layers elsewhere.  Still, pretty close to a big hit

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic