• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Man...MU's 7 day forecast is uninspiring to say the least. A possible "brush" with light snow or flurries tomorrow night, followed by rain, cold, rain, cold...and dry. The ONLY snow in the 7 day is tomorrow night's flurries. 

Don’t look at the NWS extended forecast for March. They’re calling for a toaster the second half of the month. 

The way Americanwx jumps from threat to threat I would think the guy from Office Space that created the Jump to Conclusions mat would have been better off creating a jump to the next threat map.  The southern half of PA JUST missed out on a accumulating snow today but Friday is the next best bet in my opinion.   The Herps Derps is probably the model running number one meso wise over this winter and it has a 3-5" quick hitter for the LSV Friday.  

Image result for office space jump to conclusions

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

That's not funny, it's depressing. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. We'll keep watching and hoping but yeah...

Mike I'm always looking for snow but at this point if it doesn't happen I just have to  laugh it off.  I'm done getting depressed this Winter. I'm sitting at 24.7 for the year, I wanted to reach 30. Hopefully I make it but If I don't on to next winter.

Just now, daxx said:

Mike I'm always looking for snow but at this point if it doesn't happen I just have to  laugh it off.  I'm done getting depressed this Winter. I'm sitting at 24.7 for the year, I wanted to reach 30. Hopefully I make it but If I don't on to next winter.

Brian I get it completely and agree. It's been one of the most difficult 20"+ seasons i can ever remember, and i allowed myself to get fully invested in the upcoming time period. It seems like each day another piece gets pulled out of our puzzle and pretty soon i'm going to have a nice frame with nothing left inside of it. 

Thing is...things could look totally different at this time tomorrow!

Or at 18z. :) 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Brian I get it completely and agree. It's been one of the most difficult 20"+ seasons i can ever remember, and i allowed myself to get fully invested in the upcoming time period. It seems like each day another piece gets pulled out of our puzzle and pretty soon i'm going to have a nice frame with nothing left inside of it. 

Thing is...things could look totally different at this time tomorrow!

Or at 18z. :) 

Oh absolutely!   If you ask me euro is good but definitely not perfect.  I still think we might see something Friday.

48 minutes ago, daxx said:

I don't know if we are that desperate yet. The 12z eps run was pretty decent out to the 11th or 12th of March.  I'll take that run and be happy.

After parsing over the nooners, I'm plenty happy with what is in the chute for the next 10 days. 

Dont even care to look beyond as I'm going to focus on my 1 week deep winter and enjoy every minute of it.  

And fwiw, no one model in particular has my vote, but they all have my interest.  Very happy with what i perused over.  Plenty of ways to fail, but if a week looks prime for snow, next week is it IMO.

40 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

After parsing over the nooners, I'm plenty happy with what is in the chute for the next 10 days. 

Dont even care to look beyond as I'm going to focus on my 1 week deep winter and enjoy every minute of it.  

And fwiw, no one model in particular has my vote, but they all have my interest.  Very happy with what i perused over.  Plenty of ways to fail, but if a week looks prime for snow, next week is it IMO.

The EPS sure made me feel a lot better...

First call for Friday and Friday night...to include both the initial wave and moisture and any coastal enhancement.  The constant theme of the year...Cashtown, Mag and I come first.  Going from memory on names and this is all for fun to help with forum involvement though these are my forecasts for now. 

Bubbler @Cashtown_Coop @MAG5035......  2-4"

@2001kx@CarlislePaWx @daxx @Blizzard of 93 @sauss06 @canderson @Itstrainingtime @pasnownut.......1-3"

@Wmsptwx @Voyager .....T-1"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

First call for Friday and Friday night...to include both the inital wave and moisture and any coastal enhancement.  The constant theme of the year...Cashtown, Mag and I come first.  Going from memory on names and this is all for fun to help with forum involvement though these are my forecasts for now. 

Bubbler @Cashtown_Coop @MAG5035......  2-4"

@2001kx@CarlislePaWx @daxx @Blizzard of 93 @sauss06 @canderson @Itstrainingtime @pasnownut.......1-3"

@Wmsptwx @Voyager .....T-1"

Damn that much sweeeeet.   I haven’t been tracking.   I need 2.5” to hit 40” for season so I’ll root for that much 

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Damn that much sweeeeet.   I haven’t been tracking.   I need 2.5” to hit 40” for season so I’ll root for that much 

Going with the seasonal trends.  Model wise, RGEM, HRDRPS, NAM, Icon all go 2" or more for us...I think EC was 1-2".  So bumped it a bit.  Biggest risk is the Dauphin and Cumberland county crew and also planning for it to start before sunrise and get the accumulations going.  Threw the GFS out.  Canada drops a quick 4-8" on you so if you know French now would be the time to use it!  :-)

1 hour ago, bubbler86 said:

Going with the seasonal trends.  Model wise, RGEM, HRDRPS, NAM, Icon all go 2" or more for us...I think EC was 1-2".  So bumped it a bit.  Biggest risk is the Dauphin and Cumberland county crew and also planning for it to start before sunrise and get the accumulations going.  Threw the GFS out.  Canada drops a quick 4-8" on you so if you know French now would be the time to use it!  :-)

Let’s do this !

Snow on Snow !

The 12z EPS loomed very nice as well for the first 2 weeks of March!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daxx said:

Bubbler l gotta give it you.  You have been on this threat from the start. 

Ha, thanks.  In all fairness I was initially keying in on Wed for similar reasons as Friday...a slug of moisture meandering around the lower Tennessee valley/Southeast though the stuff yesterday and today was further south which helped lead to it never getting picked up.  I am a tad surprised Friday has not been tracked more on this forum and why I posted a few “Hey, don’t forget Friday” posts earlier this week. .  Maybe everyone is tired of these 2-4” events.  Here is the Euro map from the MA and ironically it is flipped vs. my forecast.  2-4 for the Candersons and Blizz’s of the forum and 1-3 for Cash and I.  Wonder how much, if any, is from the a coastal energizing it a bit. 

9CFAA3C5-A546-4CE1-B0A3-810748EAD02C.png

Just now, bubbler86 said:

Ha, thanks.  In all fairness I was initially keying in on Wed for similar reasons as Friday...a slug of moisture meandering around the lower Tennessee valley/Southeast though the stuff yesterday and today was further south which helped lead to it never getting picked up.  I am a tad surprised Friday has not been tracked more on this forum and why I posted a few “Hey, don’t forget Friday” posts earlier this week. .  Maybe everyone is tired of these 2-4” events.  Here is the Euro map from the MA and ironically it is flipped vs. my forecast.  2-4 for the Candersons and Blizz’s of the forum and 1-3 for Cash and I.

9CFAA3C5-A546-4CE1-B0A3-810748EAD02C.png

If you look at temps and qpf your call of 2 to 4 looks good to me.