• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

Regardless of the GFS runs, I am still interesated in Wed to Friday of next week.  Two opportunities if timing can be a bit better as to shortwaves in the Northern and Southern streams.  Need some level of phasing to give us a trough that allows a low to at least come north if not totally phase and get the TV Met's saying the word Nor'easter again.  It has been a while since that word has been tossed around.   FV3 is actually not all that far off on Wed.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS Snowfall map.  :thumbsdown:

image.jpeg.5043aa2bb71154f226afb21799f331d6.jpeg

12Z FV3 Snowfall Map

:poster_stupid:

DONT LOOK AT SNOWMAPS!! they are dream crushers and 6 hours later wet dreams.  :)

Fv3 looks like multiple threats to keep an eye on.  3/2 and 3/4 still have promise IMO. Not looking much beyond.  Tellies say were heading into a good period.  That's my long range for now.  Once we get to Mid March it really doesn't matter as much for me anyway.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, daxx said:

12z Euro cold and dry for next week. Next Saturday evening gives us some snow.  Low just off the Virginia/ North Carolina coast. Really close to a nice hit.  More snow moving in from the southwest at hour 240. 

Just saw the map posted on MA.  Surpisingly warm at 850 and 2M almost as if there was another LP cutting to the west. 

5c70447512c0f.png

46 minutes ago, daxx said:

There is a weak low to the west a couple frames before.

Thanks.  I did just notice the Icon AND the GEM gets the Wed Northern Stream Low under us and gives the Western half of PA a nice event...only a trace to 2" in the LSV. New England gets 2-4" from it on the Icon so it is still something to watch.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That might be the most difficult 4.5 miles of driving you've done in your life yet. 

I drove across it once when I was 18...I was heading from an O's game over to Rehoboth to join my family on vacation. Got to the bridge just minutes before a severe thunderstorm hit. I was extremely naive at the time and didn't realize how horrible that trip would have been if i was 5 minutes later. 

I've outdriven a few tornadoes in my day ... 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I've outdriven a few tornadoes in my day ... 

Oh. That's a game changer. Well, a lot of people get hung up driving across that bridge...combination of height, turns, narrow lanes and low railings are enough to have people stationed on both sides to drive people across in their cars.

Since there's not much weather to talk about (except for the wind tomorrow) I'm going to go off topic a bit.

Why do people procrastinate and push things off to the LAST POSSIBLE minute? My grandfather taught me that if you are "on time" you are late and if you are early you are "on-time". Well, my wife is the opposite of that theory. It's recommended that you be at the airport 2 hours before scheduled flight time nowadays because of security. Well, my flight leaves at 11:30am, so therefore I should be at the airport by 9:30am. But my wife, who MUST sleep in on weekends decides she's getting up at 7:00. Now she needs a shower, which will mean make-up and jewelry, and other crap before we actually roll. This will take AT LEAST an hour (I know her quite well) and we live an hour away from the airport. So instead of having a nice, relaxing ride to the airport, it will be a high stress, fast driving event. Not to mention that we are now in moods because I get wound up if I think I'm going to be late.

Just a wonderful start to the day and trip...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Since there's not much weather to talk about (except for the wind tomorrow) I'm going to go off topic a bit.

Why do people procrastinate and push things off to the LAST POSSIBLE minute? My grandfather taught me that if you are "on time" you are late and if you are early you are "on-time". Well, my wife is the opposite of that theory. It's recommended that you be at the airport 2 hours before scheduled flight time nowadays because of security. Well, my flight leaves at 11:30am, so therefore I should be at the airport by 9:30am. But my wife, who MUST sleep in on weekends decides she's getting up at 7:00. Now she needs a shower, which will mean make-up and jewelry, and other crap before we actually roll. This will take AT LEAST an hour (I know her quite well) and we live an hour away from the airport. So instead of having a nice, relaxing ride to the airport, it will be a high stress, fast driving event. Not to mention that we are now in moods because I get wound up if I think I'm going to be late.

Just a wonderful start to the day and trip...

Women are wired different. Most of the time it’s for the better (muuuuuch better)!

34 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The EPS continued to look good for our winter storm chances. The first possibility is next weekend, but the better chance could be a couple of days later. We should have a good 2 week window to score more snow. Almost all of the snow on the EPS is between day 7 & day 15.

A196DC7C-F12B-4E37-8F0B-7C81F285D894.png

That looks great for the Adirondacks and Maine.  I might have to plan a trip!

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have a model question. How can they all nail a high wind event a week out without wavering yet for moisture they waffle all over god’s green earth even at the last moment (like tonight with northern PA not getting the rain amounts previously forecasted)?

I don’t live on front street,so most of my wind events underperform. I’m sure I’ll have some small branches down but that will be the extent of it. Rain on the other hand I do well, especially this past year. 

I must be getting punished for my earlier post. Delayed/late getting out of Allentown by an hour due to a mechanical issue which caused me to miss my connecting flight. That resulted in rebooking on a later flight which now has..........

wait for it......

mechanical issues. So now this flight out of Charlotte is going to be delayed by about an hour or so. All in all a lousy flight day and one that's going to end up 3 to 4 hours longer than expected.

39 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I must be getting punished for my earlier post. Delayed/late getting out of Allentown by an hour due to a mechanical issue which caused me to miss my connecting flight. That resulted in rebooking on a later flight which now has..........

wait for it......

mechanical issues. So now this flight out of Charlotte is going to be delayed by about an hour or so. All in all a lousy flight day and one that's going to end up 3 to 4 hours longer than expected.

Bright side: At least you aren’t trying to fly tmrw evening!

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z EPS improved again today for our snow chances beginning next weekend into the following week.DEC32BE2-2252-44A2-A6E4-A9C803656B8C.thumb.png.e56b3cf58be6ddd25a637ebfb6b9aafc.png

C0BFC2F1-8B40-43F7-8074-B4A4A2AC0AA0.png

THAT is a very impressive ensemble mean at this range. If that ain't a good honking i don't know what is...

We've had so many long range threats this winter turn into turds. Let's hope this one locks in and gets better. There are things to be cautiously excited about...but yeah...