• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

36 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Ha, thanks.  In all fairness I was initially keying in on Wed for similar reasons as Friday...a slug of moisture meandering around the lower Tennessee valley/Southeast though the stuff yesterday and today was further south which helped lead to it never getting picked up.  I am a tad surprised Friday has not been tracked more on this forum and why I posted a few “Hey, don’t forget Friday” posts earlier this week. .  Maybe everyone is tired of these 2-4” events.  Here is the Euro map from the MA and ironically it is flipped vs. my forecast.  2-4 for the Candersons and Blizz’s of the forum and 1-3 for Cash and I.  Wonder how much, if any, is from the a coastal energizing it a bit. 

9CFAA3C5-A546-4CE1-B0A3-810748EAD02C.png

I love the look of that 18z Euro for Friday.!

The 18z 3k NAM & High Res Canadian also put the LSV in a good spot!

AE246B64-4D9E-446A-8582-56F984B6BBD7.png

7717347C-143C-44B2-ACC0-59769E2DC7CD.png

14 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is for you @bubbler86

The 18z FV3-GFS says that all of CTP is in a good spot for Sunday snow!

54B12108-8A61-4D33-B447-76B0FD0A94DD.png

The great thing about this map is that the GFS twins show little to now snow Friday sio this really is a foot of snow.  GFS shows simlar but less generous. Not going to hug the GFS though as I threw it out for our Friday snow. 

1 hour ago, daxx said:

Bubbler l gotta give it you.  You have been on this threat from the start. 

Also you had mentioned Miller B's earlier this week.  The more I watch the NAM's evolution of Friday the more I see this being considered a type of Hybrid/Miller B vs. just simply a slug of moisture streaming over us.  The coastal is really negatively affecting areas of East Central PA as to accums. 

NAM at 84 hours yells incoming for Sunday.  One important difference between it and the GFS twins is that it is a few hundred miles east/faster with the SLP such as at 7AM on Sunday snow is already knocing on the door of Western PA where as the GFS is six hours later.  Implications for extropolating but I usually do not do that.  

On 2/22/2019 at 1:05 PM, pasnownut said:

DONT LOOK AT SNOWMAPS!! they are dream crushers and 6 hours later wet dreams.  :)

Fv3 looks like multiple threats to keep an eye on.  3/2 and 3/4 still have promise IMO. Not looking much beyond.  Tellies say were heading into a good period.  That's my long range for now.  Once we get to Mid March it really doesn't matter as much for me anyway.

Bubbler wasnt the only one likin the next few days.....

just sayin..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bubbler86 said:

Also you had mentioned Miller B's earlier this week.  The more I watch the NAM's evolution of Friday the more I see this being considered a type of Hybrid/Miller B vs. just simply a slug of moisture streaming over us.  The coastal is really negatively affecting areas of East Central PA as to accums. 

Then again the Icon delays a coastal and actually brings decent snow to East Central PA Friday night.  Going to be a tough forecast for NWS Met's.  The icon is a weenie run.  12" + inches for many in Souhern and Eastern PA from 3 different and distinct waves from Friday to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, bubbler86 said:

I was actually thinking a true Miller b where we get very little and to our northeast gets slammed.  That does not look to be happening at all.  

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

I was actually thinking a true Miller b where we get very little and to our northeast gets slammed.  That does not look to be happening at all.  

Yea, that was why I said Hybrid...it is a very unique setup.  That sharp cutoff to the moisture for say the intersection of 78 and 81 north east really suggests something other than simply dry air is stealing the energy.   My defiinition of a Miller B has always been more that any given area that is seemingly going to get snow based on radar extropolation, then gets nothing as a transfer cuts off the conveyor belt, would qualify as a Miller B.  We do not always have to get the screw job.  Allentown can get screwed by if the same scenario happening but the coastal takes an eastern track out to sea vs. up the coast.  The Icon's depiction though is neither.  Everyone gets snow from wave A and or Wave B.   

2 minutes ago, daxx said:

This is how I see the storm tracks for our area labeled below.

post-128-0-63137700-1290799635.jpg

post-128-0-29589500-1290799815.jpg

post-128-0-29313800-1290799740.jpg

post-128-0-69068100-1290799866.jpg

There is just no designation for something similar to the second Miller B (modified) but with the low coming from the TN Valley as opposed to the Ohio Valley and the screw zone being a bit farther east when a transfer takes place. 

Euro looking good for Friday. Bubblers call for 2 to 4 looks good.  Sunday/Monday storm definitely colder than 12z.  Warning  snow for central and northern pa.  For us in lsv getting closer but still a good amount of rain, especially as you head southeast.  Another push southeast and us on the edge will be in the game .

20 minutes ago, daxx said:

Euro looking good for Friday. Bubblers call for 2 to 4 looks good.  Sunday/Monday storm definitely colder than 12z.  Warning  snow for central and northern pa.  For us in lsv getting closer but still a good amount of rain, especially as you head southeast.  Another push southeast and us on the edge will be in the game .

Yes indeed!

Friday should be our @bubbler86 storm! 

The 0z Euro put the LSV in the bullseye for Friday morning. 

I agree that the Euro also improved for the Sunday storm as well. It moved closer to putting all of CTP in the bullseye. We just need about a 50 mile shift southeast with the low track to put our far southern tier into the good snowfall on Sunday.  

Here are the Euro maps for Friday & the combined total snow amount for both events through Monday.

3FC7CEDA-B025-4E3B-A994-2CEEF7E716FE.png

50E3A6B6-2F2B-4181-ADEF-E35C9D1645EE.png

C84D37E8-83B5-420A-9A20-723B8DD46624.png

Things have really come around with regards to tonight into early Fri's event as well as the Sun night/Mon one. For tonight's event I was concerned about sizable corridor of central PA effectively missing out on both yesterdays clipper (too far north) and tonight's (too far south). The NAM was def on the northern end of things and now the rest of the major suite including the GFS is on board with running a snow swath across at least the lower half of PA. Looking like a 2-3" type deal with perhaps some scattered 4-5" amounts (esp Laurel's).

This end of weekend thing after looking rather disorganized the last couple days is now currently looking much more potent with yet another Gulf moisture laden system and the potential for a higher impact winter storm. Missing from this event vs previous couple is presence of high pressure to the north to aid in CAD. Thus, it is important the low tracks south of PA and not through or NW of us. Def looking like more of a gradient type storm with probably not much of a mixing/ice zone.  Getting into March can start presenting cold air availablity issues for storms depending on setup but this pattern going forward into probably at least the first 2 weeks of March is primed with a ton of cold air. That coupled with a slight relaxation of the western trough (still running a -PNA) should help suppress the storm track enough to give us a good shot at this weekend event and perhaps more. Overnight Euro really ripped true central PA with some mixing issues southern tier while GFS is tracking more south and providing PA with generally all snow. Top end potential of this storm is probably going to be tempered some as wave will be progressive and the lack of the high to the north also would play into weaker u wind anomalies (low level easterly flow) with the coastal low as progged. Either way, I think all of us would sign up for 6-8" type event.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

0z Ukie says Monday is also the Bubbler storm.

This model used to be pretty darn reliable...time for it to get it's mojo back...

Last summer I told my real estate agent "I like snow so find me something close to @Cashtown_Coop" and this year it has paid off even if the overall numbers are not spectacular right now. 

• Haha 2