Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Check the Hourly Weather Graph, you have plenty of snow in the 12 hour Tuesday night period. I have no idea why it splits hairs with the "possibly mixed with snow".

I've never really looked at those before.....looks pretty ugly for Pit1 with a ton of non-snow if I'm reading it correctly.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

ftw.

image.thumb.png.50038b358d41c9ec7537de8eeef80de5.png

Good first map. Only critique is areas that stay all snow should end up closer to 12” imo. Portland, to Rochester NH down to Manchester NH look to be in best spots for this, as of now. JMO.

Thinking things continue to tick colder, especially once inside 24 hrs. Baseline forecast is to have the secondary track over south coast MA, but I’m def hedging that South. Imo better chance it develops earlier/faster and tracks near/over the cape, than the opposite.

Just now, jbenedet said:

Good first map. Only critique is areas that stay all snow should end up closer to 12” imo. Portland, to Rochester NH down to Manchester NH look to be in best spots for this, as of now. JMO.

Thinking things continue to tick colder, especially once inside 24 hrs. Baseline forecast is to have the secondary track over south coast MA, but I’m def hedging that South. Imo better chance it develops earlier/faster and tracks near/over the cape, than the opposite.

I think someone may get a foot, but it's hard to do it on a widespread basis when there is no closed low to our SE. 850 mb tries, but too late. 

Just now, jbenedet said:

What makes you think it will tick cooler?  Hopefully that'll be the case in NW Mass.  Better yet would be having the end-of-week system do a major shift--but that ain't happening, James.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I think someone may get a foot, but it's hard to do it on a widespread basis when there is no closed low to our SE. 850 mb tries, but too late. 

We’ll relatively torch aloft too. I’m sticking to climo on this since we won’t have redeveloped H7/H85 centers yet. 6-10” with normal SWFE ratios and maybe even a changeover to sleet. 

Just now, dendrite said:

We’ll relatively torch aloft too. I’m sticking to climo on this since we won’t have redeveloped H7/H85 centers yet. 6-10” with normal SWFE ratios and maybe even a changeover to sleet. 

That's pretty much where I'm at. And I'm definitely regretting posting anything about snow on our social media this morning. :gun_bandana:

• Haha 1

I’d be more cautious on snow totals and Here is why

this is the 10’th time a primary has cut west of us (maybe actually 11-12’th time) we are bombarded with mid level warmth.

nam handles mid level temps with most accurate timing and its not close on SWFE’s.

look @ nam soundings . Monitor those SNE to KASH is torched by 0z Wednesday 

by that time .35-.45 precip has fallen

besides a bias for wanting more snow bc it feels better to imagine (not joking lol) why go against nam mid level temps in SWFE....for SNE to SNH

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I have a sump pump now :(, so bring it.

With some sudden leak issues around our chimney--which we mistakenly thought were fixed following our discovery of it after one of the first soaking rain storms of this non-winter season--I don't want it brought at all.  This is not something we want to deal with 6 days before our scheduled closing.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’d be more cautious on snow totals and Here is why

this is the 10’th time a primary has cut west of us (maybe actually 11-12’th time) we are bombarded with mid level warmth.

nam handles mid level temps with most accurate timing and its not close on SWFE’s.

look @ nam soundings . Monitor those SNE to KASH is torched by 0z Wednesday 

besides a bias for wanting more snow bc it feels better to imagine (not joking lol) why go against nam mid level temps in SWFE....

NAM gets sleet well into Quebec. Might be possible but it's still a bit out of its wheelhouse. I'll want to see it inside of 36 hours. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

NAM gets sleet well into Quebec. Might be possible but it's still a bit out of its wheelhouse. I'll want to see it inside of 36 hours. 

Definitely but those are the soundings I’ll be monitoring and weighing most heavily in mid levels

this thing is a strengthening system as it cuts NE thru Detroit 

I would just be cautious on initial forecasts is all 2-4 south of pike and 3-6 From ASH south at this moment is my call

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What makes you think it will tick cooler?  Hopefully that'll be the case in NW Mass.  Better yet would be having the end-of-week system do a major shift--but that ain't happening, James.

I’m noticing a trend across guidance for the primary to close off later at H5. To me that means the chance is increasing over time for an earlier pop of the coastal low. I also anticipate the low level CAD due to that surface high strength/position will be more significant than modeled—even all the way down to the Mid Atlantic at 48 hrs. Expecting to see cold air damning —upper 20’s down to central Virginia wouldn’t surprise me at 12z Tuesday...

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

With some sudden leak issues around our chimney--which we mistakenly thought were fixed following one of the first soaking rain storms of this non-winter season, I don't want it brought at all.  This is not something we want to deal with 6 days before our scheduled closing.

Just half joking.

4447AA63-6A4D-42A9-89DA-B70551CE2E19.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I’m noticing a trend across guidance for the primary to close off later at H5. To me that means the chance is increasing over time for an earlier pop of the coastal low. I also anticipate the low level CAD due to that surface high strength/position will be more significant than modeled—even all the way down to the Mid Atlantic at 48 hrs. Expecting to see cold air damning —upper 20’s down to central Virginia wouldn’t surprise me at 12z Tuesday...

Thanks--my concern was that the primary looks to continue to deepen suggesting a later redevelopment.

1 minute ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Just half joking.

4447AA63-6A4D-42A9-89DA-B70551CE2E19.jpeg

Whatever it takes!