• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Latest HRRR runs moved north a little like expected, drops the band south over the area around 8pm..

Could be a decent one for somebody..

The other day pulaski picked up nearly double digits in 5-6hrs under similar circumstances.

I've been trying to tell you Redfield/Tug Hill folks over and over again that your snow is still on track. Should have a good portion of tonight/tomorrow to pick up accumulations. 

• Like 1

Man you guys on Eastern Lakes side are making me want to relocate, I love my area but just don't get the thumping you guys get. I have picked up about 2' this pas week though but not at those rates.  
If your in an area that looks to get pounded every time an event is on the horizon, yes, but if you happen to screw up your relocation to a horrific transition zone off both lakes or somewhere where it just finds a way to not snow and you'll see how fast your thoughts on LE change, lol. I'm just South of Fulton and we've been in sort of a snow drought, not that we dont get snow, but we don't get those bands anymore that we're seeing today up North because when I first moved here it was quite common to get at least 1 blockbuster a yr even in the Syracuse area but those days are gone. Perhaps it's just one of those occurrences that happens every few yrs where we see less snow. We still seem to manage getting to normal snowfall but we literally have to nickel and dime out way to Normal. This yr so far Syracuse is now close to 7" below the norm which isn't much but the next two weeks look bleak so that would place us in a pretty big deficit come mid Feb, so well see what happens!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest HRRR runs moved north a little like expected, drops the band south over the area around 8pm..
Could be a decent one for somebody..
The other day pulaski picked up nearly double digits in 5-6hrs under similar circumstances..
snku_acc.us_ne.png&key=378049f416f6188760c0b229b384710e91a3c858b86fe735b43438435001362b
Someone gets under that band for 6-8hrs and they'll wake up to over a foot easy, lol, hopefully its you or Tug!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mattny88 said:

Wolfie, tughill, and cnylesfreak how much snow would you guys peg the city of oswego getting tonight once the winds align wnw??  Just Looking at that hhr map accum. Map and it off looks like such a tight gradient...Im up here by the suny oswego college  looking due north and you can visually see the plume of lake effect band pummeling so Jeff, and northern oswego...also how long does that lake effect band kn a wnw flow stay stationary tonight?? Or do youbguys seeing it oscillating some?? Thanks guys

Zero to very little. If you get into it, it’ll be a secondary band. I’m usually 100% wrong. So you’ve got that mojo going for you now. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just got back from a two hour jebwalk. It might have been the greatest thing I've ever seen. Crushed isn't even the word. 

Will post pics and video after a beer. 

Not sure what my total is, but TWC just reported 26.8" one mile south of Watertown. It's accumulating in real time. This is insane and if this band is slow to drop south I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep my clothes on. 

Congrats!!  Love it when a chase works out. And being in a band like you’ve been in is just a phenomenal experience. 

• Like 1

KART picked up 0.13" liquid equivalent last hour. The two hours when they got about 3.5"/hr. were 0.07 and 0.09". I'm still not seeing any significant movement in satellite upstream at the moment and there seems to be an excellent convergence zone right over Watertown. @WxWatcher007 I would fully expect this continue for at least another hour or so before things gradually shift.  

Hey everyone, my stepdaughter and her family moved to Watertown back in September from Texas and she has been posting pictures on FB of this storm. Late today they had actual whiteout conditions where you could not even see the telephone poles on her street or even the stoplight 3 house down from her. She and her kids have been amazed at how much is falling. She easily has over 2 feet and is coming down hard still.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Hey everyone, my stepdaughter and her family moved to Watertown back in September from Texas and she has been posting pictures on FB of this storm. Late today they had actual whiteout conditions where you could not even see the telephone poles on her street or even the stoplight 3 house down from her. She and her kids have been amazed at how much is falling. She easily has over 2 feet and is coming down hard still.

She is definitely getting her baptism by fire or should I say snow. Welcome to lake effect country!

13.3” storm total here... not a bad event I guess. Shafted most of the time stuck between those two bands so this one really doesn’t rank that high on my most memorable list. I know the folks north and south might say different.

Just really wonder how much more impactful the event would have been if we had a little more open lake to work with. Sure those little open pools produced some nice bands but the fact we had an almost 48 hour stretch of SW to WSW winds an open lake would have ramped up a single 3-4”/hr death band with the temps we had... That would have made it like ‘85 or even worse..

e3704f54735971c72bb3fcd70a2a9624.jpg
6ce509b186820496257363a5b344d8cf.gif

Been a heck of a 2 week stretch though. From a well below normal winter to the 4th snowiest January on record. Now it’s time to thaw and FLOOD next week. Have some big concerns about the Buffalo area creeks next week Tuesday-Thursday. Not only the warmup, snowmelt, and rain, but the fact our last thaw setup two ice jams on Caz and Buffalo creeks that never had a chance to clear out before being frozen into place with this deep freeze.

If weren’t not gonna keep the snowpack let’s be done with winter and flip into an early spring. Past two weeks filled my snow void.

• Like 2