Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

22 minutes ago, tim123 said:

We ain't done with winter at all. Feb 10 to Feb 15 goin to be wild I think

I dont think winters done but I think winters back is broken. I expect a few more storms, a few more cold spells but nothing like the last couple weeks. The GTA has about 4-5 weeks left of good winter storm chances. After that it starts to become elevation dependent and sloppy. 

60s and 70s in the lower midwest early next week, with a few 80s are even possible in the deep south. I think even some of us in the great lakes get close to 60F with almost everyone in the 50s. 

Looks like we’re done here. I’m pulling for you to get smoked [mention=925]TugHillMatt[/mention] & [mention=694]wolfie09[/mention]. 
Here are the last of the selected pics. Last video coming soon.
kdtyw4C.jpg&key=364b3093e446bf39e05d735adf5649b986d27a813b9b552551bcef06a9168d27
UKsokAh.jpg&key=362f4e74db942b7bb2c614600be1d5ce9c6fe1ef0b7601c53aad94297565fc06
AqNAjDG.jpg&key=5d72494f7ee5e6f097d561a4abe7de38f54eb59eff8dff4cc407950ff3ecc9db

In the hour or so I was in Watertown this afternoon I saw 1 person walking, and it might have been you based on these pics! They got pummeled up there. I’ll post a few pics and vids from today soon.
  • Like 3

SWS Issued earlier..

..A BAND OF INTENSE LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT SOUTH CENTRAL
JEFFERSON...CENTRAL LEWIS AND NORTHEASTERN OSWEGO COUNTIES...

At 1143 PM EST, A band of heavy lake effect snow producing snow fall
rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour extended from near Ellibsurg and
Mannsvile eastward across the Tug Hill to just south of Lowville.
This band was drifting very slowly to the south at about 5 mph.

Winds in excess of 30 mph are occuring in and near this band of lake
effect snow. This will result in blowing and drifting snow with
greatly reduced visibility.

Locations impacted include...
Sandy Island Beach State Park, Lowville, Pulaski, Adams, Redfield,
Selkirk Shores State Park, Highmarket, Barnes Corners, Whetstone Gulf
State Park, Southwick Beach State Park, Richland, Watson,
Martinsburg, Lyonsdale, Greig, Orwell, Lorraine, Sandy Creek, Port
Leyden and Lacona.

Starting to really come down now..

WUNIDS_map?station=TYX&brand=wui&num=10&

WUNIDS_map.gif

So here are my pics/vids from yesterday with some info about each.

View of the L.Ontario band over the Tug from the southern shoreline, taken Thursday morning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tUIvgJOCJ0

Picture taken Saturday morning in the town of Sandy Creek on the southern edge of the band IMG_3200.thumb.jpeg.3cbcb7405e87e5ebd23e1d486fa30dc8.jpeg

Video of the conditions on I-81 N near Adams, NY Saturday afternoon, on the southern edge of the band. Was very difficult to see and get off the exit ramp due to the combo of light falling snow and blowing snow:

Video of conditions getting back on I-81 N near Adams, NY. You can see an accident already had occurred (likely due to the extremely low VIS), and another car going way too fast almost ran into us too:

Videos, a picture, and radar/location screenshot from near TGI Friday's in Watertown. We measured 3.6" in one hour at this location (3:20-4:20PM). Visibility ranging from 0-500 ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yekZIwQVywU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BLLX4C168

IMG_3193.thumb.jpeg.8ed318111d0dbf3c0bc71a8c5c6de834.jpegIMG_3195.thumb.jpeg.5f1fc4fb2a6ccec3258046919c10ad1f.jpeg

And finally, video of ground blizzard conditions near Copenhagen, NY due to light falling snow, and SIGNIFICANT blowing snow Saturday evening. Had to come to a complete stop (like in the video) several times heading south on Rt. 12.

• Like 3

I saw Oswego city got into the death gasps of the band. I bet they ended up with 4-6” inches. About 100% more than I forecas for them. Glad Wolfie got into the sh.t. FreAk and Matt are having a tough go. Hey, Roc has had a huge .3” over the last week- so there’s that to be comforted by. 

Snow Ridge has missed last two storms. Matt, I bet you got near a foot? Not what the NWS thought. 

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Models starting to suppression storm #2. I don’t know if Delta is still watching. It looks less like raingfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

Yeah, some hints at redemption for the second half of the week but it's close call still.  The fact that I have to cancel hotel reservations at specific times in order to get refunds will make the next few days of weather watching a bit stressful.  At this point I think I'm just shit canning the Vermont half of the trip.  Cut my losses and save vacation and money.  

50 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I saw Oswego city got into the death gasps of the band. I bet they ended up with 4-6” inches. About 100% more than I forecas for them. Glad Wolfie got into the sh.t. FreAk and Matt are having a tough go. Hey, Roc has had a huge .3” over the last week- so there’s that to be comforted by. 

Snow Ridge has missed last two storms. Matt, I bet you got near a foot? Not what the NWS thought. 

Last night, about 4 inches and the band shortened to miss us mostly.  Lol. The LES has SUCKED for the Southern Tug. Got 16 inches during the course of the week, so not a total shut out....but it was literally 4 periods of 4 inch snowfalls.

2 feet on the ground...I bet areas north have 4 to 5.

IMG_20190201_131400.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, some hints at redemption for the second half of the week but it's close call still.  The fact that I have to cancel hotel reservations at specific times in order to get refunds will make the next few days of weather watching a bit stressful.  At this point I think I'm just shit canning the Vermont half of the trip.  Cut my losses and save vacation and money.  

I hear ya. Last week, one of the guys going on the trip with us killed himself, which put everything into perspective. I wasn’t great friends with him but some of the others were. As far as I know, we are still going. Suffice to say, I’ll be worrying less about a little rain and focusing on just having a good time with the people around me. 

My trip to Snow Ridge followed some horrible weather (rain followed by extreme cold) and the conditions were surprisingly good. These new parabolic (I’m sooo old) skis do really well on hard pack. Spring skiing can also be great as long as it isn’t actively pouring on you. 

Have fun Delta! Hope it is great!  Upload some pics. 

• Sad 2