• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2-4” per off tug 

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT SOUTHERN JEFFERSON AND CENTRAL LEWIS COUNTIES... At 120 PM EST, A wide band of lake effect snow was producing snow fall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour centered along a line from Croghan to Stony Point. Locations impacted include... Watertown, Fort Drum, Stony Point, Carthage, Lowville, West Carthage, Adams, Dexter, Glen Park, Herrings, Adams Center, Henderson Harbor, Barnes Corners, Whetstone Gulf State Park, Southwick Beach State Park, Denmark, New Bremen, Watson, Sackets Harbor and Martinsburg. This includes Interstate 81 between exits 39 and 48. Visibilities will drop quickly to near zero in this ba

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

If you have time check this out.

At least that storm spread some love down this way. 

Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, AppsRunner said:

I assume you're probably a new met student at SUNY Oswego? PM me if you ever want, recent grad.

I'd say less than an inch. At least classes were cancelled today. 

You're going to pick up some snow. The HRRR is bad with LES intensity/placement/inland extent. I can't say I ever really use it even during the events themselves. 

Thanks for the update. RAP isn't looking too great either.

Looking at some of the other guidance i'm thinking the Hrrr probably has to much of a "northerly"component..Almost other meso-models have more of a west-east based band but some hug the shore with limted inland extent..

Nontheless Kuchera show's around 20" for the New haven area lol

us_model-en-087-0_modusarpd_2019013118_12_3586_240.png

us_model-en-087-0_modusarpd_2019013118_15_3586_240.png

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Looking at some of the other guidance i'm thinking the Hrrr probably has to much of a "northerly"component..Almost other meso-models have more of a west-east based band but some hug the shore with limted inland extent..

Nontheless Kuchera show's around 20" for the New haven area lol

us_model-en-087-0_modusarpd_2019013118_12_3586_240.png

us_model-en-087-0_modusarpd_2019013118_15_3586_240.png

Lol...I swear everywhere I live, the snow wraps around me. I moved to West Michigan, where I NEEDED SW flow for awesome snow. Now it is my enemy.

Now, the band might be too far west and south....oi vey