February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Eps more like GFS. Op tossed 

25 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Aren’t we supposed to ignore the GFS?  

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are 

Do you attend the Donald J Trump School of Spin? 

Do you see how your statement and response don't quite logically make sense?  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

eps is pretty bad..my feeling is next week is close the shades, week of feb11th we start to have some fun.. good thing because my travel starts week of 27th and won't be around the NE much till late March so hopefully I can see some winter before that.

If that is the same kind of "fun" we were supposed to have the week of 1/19 up until now I'd rather go straight to spring.  

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have always figured it would trend better for a day or two, then just flip right back.

FU event.

This is the kind of event that flips in the models very quickly depending on what is happening up north. Pretty volatile.  I could see either scenario. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How’s your forecast of 50’s much of next week looking? How about offering a revision or thoughts of how end of week storm might play out?

There is an ice threat inland. But it needs work for a lot of the rest of SNE. Looks warm Monday and Tuesday. Someone will tickle 60. 

53 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I could see that.  At some point, one of these things has to break our way...just has to.  

Here's the thing....nothing has to break our way.  You would think it would/law of averages etc etc....but it doesn't have to at all.  I've seen/we've all seen where it just never gives in.  11-12 perfect example.  And I know this is nothing like 11-12 in every way...but the results are the same.   So this doesn't have to change at all.  I'm hoping it does at some point in the next 7-10 days, but my gut is not too confident in that....just doesn't have a good feeling to me.  Hasn't since November 15th to be honest.

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The difference between wxbell and cpc calculation of NAO is over 2 stdev lol.  

Does weatherbell give their NAO calculation methodology?

I can sort of see why the CPC is "meh" on it....there's still some low heights near Iceland/Norwegian Sea which actually does factor into the domain of the CPC calculation.

That pattern itself to me doesn't look like a classic +NAO though....it's got ridging over northern and central Greenland...so even if some lower heights over iceland, it's not really that important to us if there's ridging to the west of it.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

There is an ice threat inland. But it needs work for a lot of the rest of SNE. Looks warm Monday and Tuesday. Someone will tickle 60. 

Should we start a thread so we can wish-cast it our way? 

Honestly though I don't see how there's going to be any substantial ice when we'll have warm ground and trees from 60 degree temps. 

Just now, Whineminster said:

Should we start a thread so we can wish-cast it our way? 

Honestly though I don't see how there's going to be any substantial ice when we'll have warm ground and trees from 60 degree temps. 

The day before the 2008 icestorm had a high of 57F at ORH.

• Thanks 1