• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McHenrySnow
    Newest Member
    McHenrySnow
Baum

Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Not sure why EC is still calling for 4-6" of snow in Niagara. Most models and other forecasters have dropped the amount down to dusting-2" 

EC should probably issue snow squall watches for Fort Erie-Niagara Falls, I'm thinking someone in southern Niagara region gets 8-12" from LES

21 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Hey at least we finally got a WSW... after the snow was done :rolleyes:

That is for lake effect, though I do think you should have been in one originally especially if you combine the synoptic with the lake effect snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stebo said:

That is for lake effect, though I do think you should have been in one originally especially if you combine the synoptic with the lake effect snow.

Drove from BC to Three Rivers then to Jenison (just outside of Grand Rapids). Roads were terrible in BC. Subsided as I entered St. Joseph county.. got to Three Rivers and WAA took hold. Temps rose from 18° to 35° within 30 minutes. Got onto 131NB and watched the temps fall with freezing rain turning to drizzle and sleet as I approached Grand Rapids. Temperature is now 17° with a nice gusty east wind north of the low pressure center that’s headed your way. What a system. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snowcaine said:

5" being reported at YYZ in Toronto. Looks like we could make a run for 9"

It's incredible out there. YYZ back down to 3/4 SM visibility in SN.

Well, the LES certainly over-performed on this.  We should easily coast into the 7-10" range when all is said and done.  Probably the best storm since 2013-14.

• Like 2

Snow's about done here. I've got probably 9-10" if not more from this storm. I never got the dry slot that Madison did,although I did get that like 20 minutes of freezing rain in the morning. Temps are down to 9 with a chill of -1. Sun's starting to set and honestly it looks downright arctic outside.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Watching this from afar it looks like you've been under some good radar returns. Curious to see what you end up with.

51 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Better flake size with this light snow than I had at any time last night. 

May have to go back out and measure again to add to totals.Coming down impressively

Just now, Cary67 said:

May have to go back out and measure again to add to totals.Coming down impressively

Yeah, may add another inch at the rate it is coming down. Full blown white our conditions in open areas around here 

3 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Yeah, may add another inch at the rate it is coming down. Full blown white our conditions in open areas around here 

Hardest I've seen it snow all season

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

YYZ reporting 5.1" since noon.  So we've been averaging 1"/hr rates but at its fiercest it was coming down over 2 per hour.

Now reporting 5.9"

46 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Damn right... Just shoved another 1.5 inches or so and some nice flakes out there now...

Had to get the end of the driveway shoveled for the 3rd time. (City of Elgin plows amazingly but I didn't want that to freeze up tonight with the temps crashing!!!)

I am a bit surprised at the 3,9" here at DTW though we did nose up above freezing so the snow may have compacted some.

5.5" of "igloo cement" from round 1 here in Marshall. Rebuilding a nice snow pack after nearly completely getting wiped out just last Wed. Total for month of Jan now knocking on 20" despite the wasted rainer event. We'll see if the PV visiting Lake Michigan's warmer than normal January waters can be a booster?