• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2019

George BM

I saw this happen once way way back in the early 2000's models had snow in the 2-4" range for days then when game time came it was partly sunny and 40 and lots of homework was not turned in. It happens folks

Had this happen to me before when I was in 6th grade. I panicked that morning and was able to do some in homeroom, but not all of it. I never did it again....until high school lol

13 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I saw this happen once way way back in the early 2000's models had snow in the 2-4" range for days then when game time came it was partly sunny and 40 and lots of homework was not turned in. It happens folks

Well, it probably wont be 40 and sunny, but this has all the signs of a non-accumulating event.   .25" over 12 to 24 hours is not going to get it done. Mulch, grass, and trashcans unless we can get more qpf or have that .25 fall in shorter timeframe.

Just experienced 12 hours of the crud (Norovirus probably). Bad part was fast and furious but only lasted 6 hours. Surprised how decent I feel now. Off work, so I guess I will recuperate and model watch all day.

Those noroviruses are brutal. They just suck the life out of you. Glad you’re doing better today so far.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Had this happen to me before when I was in 6th grade. I panicked that morning and was able to do some in homeroom, but not all of it. I never did it again....until high school lol

But then you have the other busts. While in Middle School the forecast from over the weekend was for some flurries/snow showers Sunday night into Monday morning with possible very light accumulations. So I made sure to have all my homework completed for the coming school day. Woke up to 6 inches on the ground, howling winds and thunder snow. Ended up with close to 2 feet of snow and some of the best drifting I have seen forcing schools to close for the whole week. You all might know that storm as PD1. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just experienced 12 hours of the crud (Norovirus probably). Bad part was fast and furious but only lasted 6 hours. Surprised how decent I feel now. Off work, so I guess I will recuperate and model watch all day.

Yikes, that sucks.  Glad you're better.  I fully expect you to bring home the best model runs for us today.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yikes, that sucks.  Glad you're better.  I fully expect you to bring home the best model runs for us today.  

Like I mentioned in the main thread, I am not paying much attention to anything other than the op runs of the GFS and Euro at this juncture. It would be nice if the lead WAA induced snow area remains intact enough to give much of the region an inch or 2. Not so sure on that though. Really need that coastal to get going and get into the CCB precip on the west side. That's where the potential is for significant snow for most of us. Tricky though with the suppressive mechanisms up north and the progressive nature of the pattern.

37 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

that might have been what i had a couple years ago (winter time).  awful stomach bug for a day and then was pretty much fully recovered by the next day.

not gonna lie, i feel like this storm has some decent bust potential.  upper levels are pretty foul, at least when comparing to the systems that do well here.  boom scenario would be coastal impacts.  bust would be stuck in no man's land during the coastal transfer.  wouldn't surprise me if that initial WAA gets mangled on approach since we're talking about a fairly strung out system, but i hope i'm wrong because i'm ready for some snow.

• Like 1

Just now, 87storms said:

that might have been what i had a couple years ago (winter time).  awful stomach bug for a day and then was pretty much fully recovered by the next day.

Yeah its pretty common and super contagious. I had it last year when I got back from chasing the coastal blizzard. That was awful. This time it may have been some other virus but had the same behavior. Difference is I don't seem to have the lingering run-down feeling I had last time. Odd to get similar bugs in consecutive years though. Haven't had an illness that made me puke in well over 10 years, and now back to back in Jan, lol. And of course you get it coming out of both ends which is always fun. :yikes:

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah its pretty common and super contagious. I had it last year when I got back from chasing the coastal blizzard. That was awful. This time it may have been some other virus but had the same behavior. Difference is I don't seem to have the lingering run-down feeling I had last time. Odd to get similar bugs in consecutive years though. Haven't had an illness that made me puke in well over 10 years, and now back to back in Jan, lol. And of course you get it coming out of both ends which is always fun. :yikes:

yup, that's what mine was.  was unpleasant, to say the least.  felt like a classic stomach flu, but the quick duration was odd, so maybe it was the norovirus. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic