Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

23 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Okay...so shave 15-20" off of 2005 and 1978 if you must...60" is my floor this season for KBOS.

Yes, that would below the 80-90" forecast range.

Ray I think 80" is still doable for Boston.  I'd go 80" for Boston and 40" for NYC right now based on all the analogs you listed (not just 2014-15.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, weathafella said:

Euro op goes out to 90 hours and eps 144 for the off hour runs.  ECMWF sucking the weenies in...

Thanks Jer, that could be useful for short term modeling, I hope they take in new data for those runs.

It'd be interesting to see skills scores for those off hour runs like we've seen in the past for off hour GFS runs.

11 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

so the Euro is run in 6 hr increments now and each of those is at the same resolution?

9 minutes ago, 512high said:

Are you talking time frame after 1/19?

Up to and beyond

7 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Ant see what you can find out about how it might be the night of the supermoon total eclipse, it's on the night of the 20th.

Wolves will be out

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

For a 10 day threat the time around 1/20 is sending a pretty loud signal.

Our big storms are usually modeled a week out. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Pack season basically lost 

what a gradient thou , Mitch at 65 just over Mass border at 2K, ORH airport 9.5” at 1k. 

Storm after storm the rain snow line cut from N berks/S Vt to Dentrite to gray Maine . From Novie to January 

At least now it might be SNE turn while farther north may feel our pain the last 2 months 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will say, the action is picking up after this weekend. I mean...you can't get snow without low pressure...so a good step in the right direction there. You can whine about RIC now, but a bit of a gradient may set up like Tip mentioned...and I wouldn't want to be down there after this weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

At least now it might be SNE turn while farther north may feel our pain the last 2 months 

I dont see why its so hard for everyone to have a great season.  When was the last time that happened, 02-03?  1995-96 and 2002-03 are the only times I can think of when that might have happened.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say, the action is picking up after this weekend. I mean...you can't get snow without low pressure...so a good step in the right direction there. You can whine about RIC now, but a bit of a gradient may set up like Tip mentioned...and I wouldn't want to be down there after this weekend.

Yes, I would take the average of the gradient between these last two big storms (the one in December and this one oncoming) and where the gradient has been for the last 50 days lol.  Split the difference between that, or even half of the way north of the split should be good.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, let them eat cake now. We'll get ours before long and a few years from now people may forget how awful the last few months have been.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Twitter has some people with horrible behavior, I wish I didn't have a twitter account, but I do for other reasons.  However newest ICON run is showing what a slow-moving southern stream shortwave does for the bigger picture.  

I've given up Twitter as a New Years resolution and it is fantastic. Highly recommended if you can do it.

8 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Why would you stop following the models before they even begin agreeing on the details, Ryan you know better.

Because the models all agree that it ain't coming.

9 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Twitter has some people with is horrible behavior, I wish I didn't have a twitter account, but I do for other reasons.  However newest ICON run is showing what a slow-moving southern stream shortwave does for the bigger picture.  

FYP

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Yes, I would take the average of the gradient between these last two big storms (the one in December and this one oncoming) and where the gradient has been for the last 50 days lol.  Split the difference between that, or even half of the way north of the split should be good.

Hopefully everyone can, but it’s rare when both SNE and NNE Cash in together all winter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn’t want to be down there at any point. Place is a weather armpit. We’ll be fine moving forward, they can have it.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic