Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

@54  998 while 6z was 1001mb.  that will make a difference.  Just noise?  I think its still resolving what energy it wants to play off of. verbatim, not sure that helps.

I think at this time frame we have to start relying more on the features showing in the meso's.

1 minute ago, lpaschall said:

I think at this time frame we have to start relying more on the features showing in the meso's.

they should start gaining weight as they are coming into range.  We arent going to like what weight they are pushing around at 12z though.  Measured in buckets. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

they should start gaining weight as they are coming into range.  We arent going to like what weight they are pushing around at 12z though.  Measured in buckets. 

Simply not enough blocking above to have the thermals deal with a sub 1000 low running across the mason-dixon.  This is a plane jane rain storm with a little frozen at the front for the LSV if that happens.   The TT snowfall map still shows Cumberland county getting a foot of "snow".  LOL.

3 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Simply not enough blocking above to have the thermals deal with a sub 1000 low running across the mason-dixon.  This is a plane jane rain storm with a little frozen at the front for the LSV if that happens.   The TT snowfall map still shows Cumberland county getting a foot of "snow".  LOL.

I don't like it one bit but I totally agree with you...

Well, scratch that. i think frozen precip might be a little more than a "little". I could see several hours of snow>sleet>freezing rain. But I do think over half of it down our way is pure liquid. 

5 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Only two frames of snow through your area on that run, has to be sleet and crap.  1 foot in 6 hours would be epic. 

3 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Only two frames of snow through your area on that run, has to be sleet and crap.  1 foot in 6 hours would be epic. 

Yea that was why I was smiling.  It showed a similar evolution to the primary last night and still put a foot down for the northern LSV but Mag posted a more accurate map showing it was really only a couple inches.  Apparently TT snowfall maps have an issue near changeover lines. 

2 minutes ago, lpaschall said:

The NAM has been oscillating between runs and moving the frozen precip line north and south for the past 24 hours. Lets hope we start seeing a southerly trend with the NAM...

It is quite simple to my eyes...it keeps changing where it wants to put the focus of the lowest pressure falls.  If it keeps it north then Northern Mid-Atlantic stay with a strong south win almost the entire event where the better solutions showed the southern vort being the more primary feature and changing the orientation of our winds as it pulled under us allowing the CAD to win out. DP's are great as the event starts so just a matter of how long we see flow from the south. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lpaschall said:

The NAM has been oscillating between runs and moving the frozen precip line north and south for the past 24 hours. Lets hope we start seeing a southerly trend with the NAM...

If there is any pause to this, its exactly that.  Every 6hrs LP placement is up and down like a yoyo.  That doesnt have much sensible affect on the outcome, but its fair to say that its still figuring things out.  LP still below us is good.  Our HP that was on earlier runs seems to have scooted and THAT is a concern.  I thought arctic boundary would save us, but those that suggest no blocking will be our demise, may end up right.