Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

488689710d506f8a26062b741596655d.jpg

I’d wager Harrisburg sees about 2”-4” of snow, a whole lot of sleet & freezing rain, some rain for a couple hours (maybe), then the attic air turning everything everywhere into a solid glacier.

. Pro

yeah, that map is just U GLY...

GO ICON!!  hehe

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Wierd i know, but I'm fine w/ sleet-anything frozen as long as we can avoid plain rain.  

It's funny because I agree with this, then if we get 1/4-1/2 of freezing rain I will regret it on Wed when I still don't have power. Using a Mr. Heater Buddy hooked up to 20lb propane tank heating my house and having my wife, little girl, dog, and cats all in the living room with the heater because every other room will be 40 degrees haha. But....it will be one way to start a snowpack if tonight performs and we get an early thump, so......worth it???? haha

That's a good safe call right now.  

Cold air in Cumberland County always seems to hang on a long time at the surface. If People see 2”-4” of snow and dismiss this storm as a triviality, then they won’t be too happy on Sunday night with 20-30 mph winds coming through as the temperature plummets toward 0. Verbatim, the forecast above is probably a higher impact event here.

. Pro

1 minute ago, bubbler86 said:

Icon drops a snow bomb on far Eastern PA and NJ as the low is departing.  Probably 4-6" back end. 

Just now, pasnownut said:

frontend love with backend action

great combo

Imagine that for a minute...you have all of that moisture that will freeze solid once the arctic front moves through AND then add a layer of snow on top. 

So motorists are now battling blowing snow across roads which are a sheet of ice underneath.

Sh*t is getting real. 

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Cold air in Cumberland County always seems to hang on a long time at the surface. If People see 2”-4” of snow and dismiss this storm as a triviality, then they won’t be too happy on Sunday night with 20-30 mph winds coming through as the temperature plummets toward 0. Verbatim, the forecast above is probably a higher impact event here.

. Pro

I think if one wants the public to stay on their toes it will all depend on what the Euro shows.  We love looking at different solutions and trying to meld them into list of possibilities but the media is Euro or bust. 

4 minutes ago, JTrout said:

It's funny because I agree with this, then if we get 1/4-1/2 of freezing rain I will regret it on Wed when I still don't have power. Using a Mr. Heater Buddy hooked up to 20lb propane tank heating my house and having my wife, little girl, dog, and cats all in the living room with the heater because every other room will be 40 degrees haha. But....it will be one way to start a snowpack if tonight performs and we get an early thump, so......worth it???? haha

I burn 4-5qds of wood every winter #woodstove

Ice skate to Akron and you can warm your tootsies by the stove.  Heck i'll even pour you a shot of whiskey to get your blood flowing again.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Imagine that for a minute...you have all of that moisture that will freeze solid once the arctic front moves through AND then add a layer of snow on top. 

So motorists are now battling blowing snow across roads which are a sheet of ice underneath.

Sh*t is getting real. 

I'd think sleet/zr would suppress the blowing snow (where it really puts it down thick).  I do feel from the MD north, this could be a messy messy kinda deal if 2m temps hold below freezing like they often do.  

I'd think sleet/zr would suppress the blowing snow (where it really puts it down thick).  I do feel from the MD north, this could be a messy messy kinda deal if 2m temps hold below freezing like they often do.  

No no no...sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the 4''-6" of snow at the END of the storm that the ICON is depicting. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No no no...sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the 4''-6" of snow at the END of the storm that the ICON is depicting. 

I am going to hug the SH!T outta that model.....

till something better looking comes along :D

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Just to clarify my statement was far eastern PA as in Philly and north but Icon does have some back end for Lancaster.  The snow fall and precip maps are not out yet so I was guesstimating on the intensity of the radar maps.

I burn 4-5qds of wood every winter #woodstove

Ice skate to Akron and you can warm your tootsies by the stove.  Heck i'll even pour you a shot of whiskey to get your blood flowing again.

I scrapped my wood stove in the basement this year($35 bucks for 400lbs), it was for emergencies only type of thing. Planning on doing gas stove for ease of use next year....hoping this winter wouldn't cause a problem.... I appreciate the ice skating over invite haha

2 minutes ago, JTrout said:

I scrapped my wood stove in the basement this year($35 bucks for 400lbs), it was for emergencies only type of thing. Planning on doing gas stove for ease of use next year....hoping this winter wouldn't cause a problem.... I appreciate the ice skating over invite haha

We have a propane gas fireplace as a backup.  Quite handy though if I close the flume the whole way one does get a bit of smell from the burning propane.