Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

1 minute ago, daxx said:

No miracle on the Euro.  Snow to ice then rain for lsv.  More as you go north and west.  Head to the cabin Nut they get slammed up that way.

Is it on par with 0z or worse? I just looked at the panels and it seems like the timing moved up ,so I cant tell if the placement is better or worse on the 24hr panels. 

14 minutes ago, daxx said:

No miracle on the Euro.  Snow to ice then rain for lsv.  More as you go north and west.  Head to the cabin Nut they get slammed up that way.

Saw ctp graphic. Wow. 

What part of the daks u in?  Used to snowmobile tug. Bud had a place in brantingham?

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Can't believe the UK snowfall map doesn't look dramatically worse given the NW low placement compared to last night.  Will be interesting to see the upcoming Euro snowfall map and how it compares to last night's.

12z Euro pushes the warm air aloft further north than the 0z run so LSV gets quite warm (nearly eliminates ice accumulation potential here).  Storm also moves through quicker so QPF numbers are less as well.

2 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Lancaster country has ten snowfall contours running through it. 1-6 inch spread on the Euro. Not feeling good for the LSV. Overall the Europeans kept us in the game for 0z though.....barely. 

There is a chance today's snow will be the only snow we see as to stuff that accumulates.  Unfortunate. Tracking is fun but the letdowns suck. 

Brian, the Euro panels I'm looking at take the low from about Morgantown WV east northeast right over southern PA. Is that pretty accurate?
Horst said on Monday that this storm will go right over us. 

0bf7b126ab6a93f11e6388013fc51fdb.jpg

I’d be willing to bet the low stays below 40N.

Still think there is going to be a world of difference between the 35 miles or so that separates 81 and Lancaster & that anyone between 81 & the turnpike gets 2-4” of snow and a whole crap ton of sleet/freezing rain

. Pro

Just now, Superstorm said:

I do think we get a nice thump of snow (2 to 3”). However, in classic 80s New Jersey climate storm, the rain will be knocking on the door too soon.

I'll narrow you down to 2". :) I mentioned the other day that 2" always seemed to be the magical number before visibility went up and that godawful sound of pingers commenced. 

Just now, Jns2183 said:

0bf7b126ab6a93f11e6388013fc51fdb.jpg

I’d be willing to bet the low stays below 40N.

Still think there is going to be a world of difference between the 35 miles or so that separates 81 and Lancaster & that anyone between 81 & the turnpike gets 2-4” of snow and a whole crap ton of sleet/freezing rain

. Pro

Agree completely.