Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well one encouraging sign is that there is a great mega thump in the first six hours of the storm with MDT picking up over 6" in 6 hours before a changeover.  Wasn't expecting that.

Also encouraging to me is the less amped look with the eventual primary being in NC on the GFS,.  The damage is already done at that point for temps but still a step toward a solution that could be major vs. a slop fest. 

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Geesh, GFS has the low centered near the VA/NC line at hour 78 and it has p-types as rain all the way to IPT. I doubt that. 

I still contend most models are showing two lows with a transfer taking place to the one in NC....just too late on the GFS.  Right, wrong, or in between just my reasoning. 

Just now, bubbler86 said:

Thanks for that.  More good news.  Big picture things are trending toward that LP staying south of us. 

Sure. I feel like this is still a good first part thump, ice/rain/ then backend snow that will be in 8-12" range. OK sissy not staying up for you, be good to your brother. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Thanks for that.  More good news.  Big picture things are trending toward that LP staying south of us. 

I think if the low does just that and doesn't press into PA or get really close to the mason dixon line that things will eventually work out for the majority of the forum in favor of mostly the frozen stuff. We don't really have a mixed bag of guidance with some models cutting west or through PA vs going south. We're getting down to resolving the details of p-type, which of course is always the hard part with these types of systems. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

I think if the low does just that and doesn't press into PA or get really close to the mason dixon line that things will eventually work out for the majority of the forum in favor of mostly the frozen stuff. We don't really have a mixed bag of guidance with some models cutting west or through PA vs going south. We're getting down to resolving the details of p-type, which of course is always the hard part with these types of systems. 

You and bubbler have called it phased versus a low riding the underneath and to the south of PA. This is quite interesting. Model camps are all over place. Forget the NAM right now. Last night's 0z GFS told me that the HP in Canada will be strong and that is the key IMO. Great guys. Plenty on the table. More importantly snow will be flying tomorrow night and then again on Saturday just how long Saturday for us in LSV. Good trends again.