Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

3 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

It looked questionable at 18Z as well until it started transferring to the southern vort.

at 57 LP is 75miles sw of 18z but 700/850's went north out in front.  It's got work to do if its gonna pull of something like 18z for us in the LSV.  

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Unless the GFS pulls a switch-er-oo with the NAM I think I'll pass on the Euro tonight also. 

If we lose The UKMET & Euro, then it’s time to begin to worry. 

Most models since 0z last night have put the I-81 corridor & north into the 8-10 inch show range.

The NAM tonight continues that idea.

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Holy moly....I just saw that map.  Yeah...must be a ton of sleet to reach over a foot on the snow map.  Wow.

The radar maps must be a bit misleading.  They go in 3 hour increments and there is only decent snow in one of them...must be snowing hard at the start of the previous one and up until the end of the one after.   Still grasping at straws to call this a good run...

Just now, bubbler86 said:

The radar maps must be a bit misleading.  They go in 3 hour increments and there is only decent snow in one of them...must be snowing hard at the start of the previous one and up until the end of the one after.   Still grasping at straws to call this a good run...

It’s also the very long range for the NAM.

Just now, bubbler86 said:

They must be.  When I saw that large area of plain rain I really thought that was it for me.  Maybe not...yet.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We also have a couple of inches of snow tomorrow night to enjoy before the weekend storm begins. 

NAM is showing less than 0.10" total qpf.  That's drier than earlier runs.  Not that I care whether I get 1" or 2" with the prospect of the weekend storm.

One other thing I remembered about noteworthy sleet storms in my life.  The 1993 superstorm was a huge sleet producer for me in north Jersey.  After accumulating 13" of snow there was heavy heavy sleet for hours.  Had to be 6" of sleet from that storm easily.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The NAM tends to over amp especially in its long range.

Yea we are just living life on the edge here though...for the LSV and neighbors.  The NAM had been coming in as one of the less amped models up until now.  I think this run is very similar to the Icon from 18Z with warmer surface temps.  Most of the southern tier of PA goes over freezing for 4-8 hours.