Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

11 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Interestingly many of the models hand a handle on this showing slightly warmer temps for a few hours in the mid levels before cooling back down. 

Wind is really starting to howl out there now...gusting over 20 here...yucky 38. 

At what time will we know we’ve missed our Hrrr or fv3 window...if we aren’t transitioned/wedged out by midnight? 

13 minutes ago, Wow said:

Good to know.. still dry here near downtown M-ville

Amazed how long the precip is taking to get north.  Was at 16/73 between 5-6:30, wet roads with continued rain and some IP but once i got up to Westport roads were barely wet.

19 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Interestingly many of the models hand a handle on this showing slightly warmer temps for a few hours in the mid levels before cooling back down. 

Wind is really starting to howl out there now...gusting over 20 here...yucky 38. 

Winds have picked up big time - but the temp is still hovering around 34 or 35. Over an inch of rain so far (a very cold rain)

10 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

@Wow  starting to get a few sleet pellets now just off Langtree Rd in Mooresville. walked outside and noticed the wind is picking up a bit to

Thanks... still silent here.  Won't be soon.

4 minutes ago, Ontherocks said:

At what time will we know we’ve missed our Hrrr or fv3 window...if we aren’t transitioned/wedged out by midnight? 

Not sure where you are, but I don't think we'll know until morning in the Upstate. Believe the heaviest is suppose to be from midnight to the morning.

Trucks have a slushy trace of sleet starting to accumulate on them.  I tend to like a little sleet base, helps snow stick faster/better so sleet to snow Might actually  be best for my area of CLT lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Trucks have a slushy trace of sleet starting to accumulate on them.  I tend to like a little sleet base, helps snow stick faster/better so sleet to snow Might actually  be best for my area of CLT lol

Agreed!!

5 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

Sticking to everything up here at Furman. 

I really miss snow at Furman. And Furman in general. Anyway snowing in Hendersonville